Campagnolo Chorus 12 speed has arrived. This is way more than just adding one sprocket. Everything has changed.
Please note unless you specifiy other wise in notes the BB supplied with british threading. See listing text for options. The price will not be altered for a different BB type.
Included in this groupset is
- Chorus Ergos and 160mm front/160mm rear or 160mm front/140mm rear brake calipers -RH front/LH rear assumed. LH front/RHrear available on request.
- AFS rotor 160mm/160mm or 160mm/140mm
- Chorus Crankset
- Chorus Cassette
- Chorus Chain
- Record Ultra torque bottom bracket (BSA assumed unless you tell me otherwise) all standard available
- Chorus front and rear derailleur
The new Chorus rear derailleur benefits from the same technology and design of top-end Campagnolo products, incorporating the sophistication and performances of the 12-speed Super Record and Record. With just a few changes in the materials used for its construction, like the external plate and derailleur cage in aluminum, the Chorus version produces exactly the same performance as the two more expensive groupsets with the addition of just a few extra grams. Chorus brings with it the same technology as the next level up, like the new optimized trajectory on bigger cassettes and fantastic 3D EMBRACE technology. The latest evolution in Embrace technology not only keeps the rear derailleur vertically aligned in the perfect position for each sprocket, it now makes the upper pulley wheel advance perfectly in the direction the bike is advancing. 3D EMBRACE technology and 12-teeth pulley wheels makes this rear derailleur suitable for all cassettes as the distance stays optimum on each individual sprocket, regardless of the cassette selected.
Ergo's, brakes and brake rotors
New 12x Chorus Hydraulic Ergo levers and disc calipers for use with the disc brake groupset. These are now be supplied pre-filled with hydraulic fluid.
Campagnolo's fantastic ergonomics, that over the years have become a sort of calling card, have been even further improved with the latest introduction of the new 12-speed transmissions. the new shifters are not just ergonomic but also customisable, this new standard is embodied in the design of the Chorus levers. Apart from the aluminium brake lever with a coating that enhances its finish and feel the Chorus Ergopowers are almost identical to those on the Super Record and Record controls. The new design of the new components makes them unique and versatile, with redesigned brake lever hoods, brake lever and bigger shift levers, together with the new Ergopower control “reach” that can be adjusted to suit hands of different sizes.
Campagnolo’s tried and tested one-lever-one-action philosophy prevents unintentional shifts, even during tense competition or due to tiredness. The internal Ultra-Shift mechanism controls the 12-speed rear derailleur, letting the rider shift up by up to 3 sprockets and down by up to 5 sprockets in a single movement. Chorus controls deliver the same extremely durable, soft shifting performance of the other 12-speed groupsets thanks to new cables and their housings.
Supplied is front and rear ergo brake lever/gear shifters with flat mount brake calipers for 160mm front and 160mm rear. Two AFS rotors in 160mm are included.
- Reach Adjustment: The brake lever can be adjusted by up to 16 mm to adapt to hands of different sizes and fingers of different lengths.
- ULI (Upshifting Lever Integration) Technology: More space under the control body when gripping the Ergopower control.
- Vari-Cushion Technology: Ergonomic silicone cushioning.
- One lever One action: One lever for each action, eliminating the risk of accidentally using another control.
- Ultra-Shift mechanism: This enables multiple shifting (upshifting up to 3 sprockets at a time and downshifting up to 5).
Features and Benefits
- Comfortable support: The controls offer good, safe grip when standing pedaling or when leaning high on the handlebars.
- Quick shifting: When the chain engages immediately, the front and rear derailleurs can be actioned with minimum effort and in any position on the handlebars.
- Multishifting: An unexpected climb, a sudden sprint: instantly finding the right combination takes no time at all thanks to the multiple action guaranteed by Ultra-Shift technology.
- Ergonomics: Shaped cushioning and an adjustable reach make these controls perfect for any cyclist, regardless of hand or finger size.
Weight: 503g per pair
The precise, extremely fluid movement of the front derailleur is achieved in part thanks to the new cables and their housing and in part because of the design and construction of the 2x12-speed front derailleur. The new Chorus derailleur incorporates the same design that separates the upper from the lower semi-rod, eliminating the free stroke for more immediate, responsive upshifting. Design of the 2x12 speed front derailleur and its trajectory angle mean wide tires measuring up to 32 mm can be used, while the new design of the cage and dedicated positions for each gear position ensure extremely precise and fluid derailleur performance.
The new Chorus groupset is fully compatible with the cassettes launched with the Super Record and Record 2x12-speed groupsets (11-29 and 11-32) and it introduces a new cassette specification (11-34) that will benefit the entire range of 12-speed mechanical drivetrains from now on. The new 11-34 cassette in fact offers cyclists even more versatility and greater choice and autonomy in terms of available gears. Mechanical groupsets with 12-speed transmission now therefore offer a total of three cassette options (11-29, 11-32, 11-34).
|Combinations||11-29 •11-32 •11-34|
The Ultra-Torque system aluminium cups ensure maximum fluidity of movement and robustness for the bottom bracket axis. Available in eight different standards, to fit all frames on the market. Tell me which one you want.
• Record standard ITA
• Record standard BSA
• Press Fit BB30 (68x42)
• Press Fit BB30A (73x42)
• Press Fit BB86 (86,5x41)
• Press Fit PF30 (68x46),
• Press Fit BB RIGHT (79x46)
• Press Fit BB386 (86,5x46)
In order to guarantee impeccable, reliable performance even with bigger cassettes, precision shifting by front and rear derailleurs has seen design of a 12-speed chain entailing huge research and development efforts to make it as reliable and long-lasting as an 11-speed chain, despite being narrower than the latter. The new 12-speed Chorus groupset benefits from a new Chorus 12 chain that ensures the same reliability and the same performance levels as that of the Super Record category, its 110 links weighing only 241 grams.
The new Chorus crankset comes with new options. Technically advanced thanks to unidirectional construction technology in carbon fibere it is produced directly molded without any surface coating and has an Ultra-Torque steel axle like the Record crankset. Available with 165, 170, 172.5 and 175 mm cranks, the new smaller ring of bolts on the Chorus crankset makes it compatible with 52/36, 50/34 chainrings and with the brand new 48/32 rings.
|Length||165, 170, 172,5, 175 mm|
|Combinations||32/48, 34/50, 36/52|
|Weight||718 grams (172.5 version with 34/50)|