The original inspiration for the Wolverine was “monster cross”, but it is seriously so much more. Its geometry is stable enough for off road touring, but sporty enough for all-around adventure and gravel riding. With its sliding dropouts, you can run single-speed, derailleur gearing or hub gearing.
The primary differences between the 3.0 and v. 4 Type-A and B is a new 46cm size, an extra set of water bottle bosses, and additional stack height on most sizes.
The Type-A ALSO adopts more modern standards such as 142mm rear thru-axle and a 44mm headtube that will fit 1-1/8 straight steerer or tapered steerer with the proper headset type.
There is NO frame break for Belt-Drive like the B-Type has. (See chart for other differences between A and B)
- Tange Prestige heat-treated CrMo tube set
- Clearance for 700x45c tires w/ fenders
- Rear hub spacing/type: 142 x12mm Thru-Axle
- IRD Broski sliding dropouts allow for geared or single-speed builds
- Optional Matching Fork: Unicrown straight blade 15mm thru-axle fork with cage bosses (1-1/8”)
(No lugged crown fork offered for the Type-A)
- Braze-ons for rear rack and fenders (disc brake-compatible racks only)
- Three sets of water bottle bosses
- 44mm headtube upper headsetassembly use ZS44/28.6-ZS44/30 headset for 1-1/8” steerers, lower headset assembly ZS44/28.6 -EC44/40. Fork used can have for 1-1/8”-1-1/2” steerers.
thru axles inclcuded with frame fork respectiveley. Rear spec is 168mm long, 12x1.5mm pitch and 20mm threaded length. Front 125mm, 15x? threaded length ?
Headset need to be semi intergrated as the headtube is a straight tube. Lovely that.
- Sizes: 46, 50, 52, 54, 56, 58. 60, 62 and 66cm (We recommend 650b tires on the 46cm)
- 4.79 lbs (frame)
- Paint: Storm Blue
Fork - Soma Wolverine Thru-Axle V.2 Fork
A stiff unicrown fork option for the Soma Wolverine and other gravel/CX frames with a 1-1/8″ headtube. The verson 2 model has slightly lighter construction and a different thru-axle.
– Tange Infinity CrMo
– Unicrown straight blade
– 405mm axle to crown
– 50mm rake
– Fits 700x45mm tires with fenders (this has slightly less clearance than the lugged crown fork
– Double bosses on fork leg to fit low rider pannier rack or cage
– 15 x 100mm thru-axle included
Links for headset options for 1.1/8"-1.5" tapered forks that we stock are here:
COVID 19 update. Overseas shipping is now with a courier only. UPS or Parcel force.
Orders placed in the afternoon normally get sent the next workday where possible. Orders placed before noon are often sent the same day but this is not guaranteed.
Same day disptach is not guaranteed due to volume of mail order. In general we are not operating with big delays in dispatch if any.
- Standard shipping is with DHL. Cost is £6.00 . Fully tracked with hour delivery slots.
- Some U.K addresses excluded from he DPD service Royal Mail is used (1st class tracked). Checkout is not sophisicated enough to know all the excluded postcodes. The areas are Channel Islands, Isle of Wight, Isle of Man Scottlish Highlands and islands (Scottish Highlands - AB31-38, AB40-56, FK17-21, IV1-40, IV52-54, IV63, KW1-14, PA21-38, PH4-41, PH49-50
Scottish Islands - HS IV41-51, IV55-56, KA27-28, KW15-17, PA20, PA41-49, PA60-78, PH42-44, ZE1-3)
- Northen Island - Ropyal mail 1 st class signed for is used.
- Rims are sent by courier only- cost £10. UPS is used. A phone number and email address must be supplied to allow me to book in. This service can also be picked for smaller items that you want delivered by UPS.
- Wheels shipping cost is £20 (cost of courier + cost of the box) next day. To NI, Scottish Islands, Channel Islands, Isle of Man and that is a two day service.
Courier services are used only or over seas mail. UPS or parcel force depending on destination.
The website will provide shipping rates at checkout.
The import charges you will face are and these will be levied by the shipping carrier or by your customs authority in advance of delivery. Customs clearance will add to shipping times.
You will be billed for
Import duties which are set by the tarrif code we declare. Tarrif rates are normally published on government websites. "Free trade agreements" affect this and for EU customers there are no duties as tarrifs are set at zero for goods like our wheels that originate in the U.K. Goods that originate in the E.U and are exported back yo the E.U attract tarriffs. Good made outside the e.u and sold into the E.U attract tarrifs. The declared value in GDP will be converted to your countries currency by the monthly rate published by your tax authority.
Customs clearance fees -these vary from country to country and also vary by declared value in some juristictions.
VAT or sales taxes and applied to the total of the declared value of goods, customs clearance charges and import duties.
This shop declares the total paid for the goods for customs value, no exceptions. We will not declare low values as thats fraud and we will not be party to it.
A word of warning once an parcel has been shipped any import charges are your reponsibility. Refusal to pay these charges to the parcel carrier mean you loose the right to an automatic refund. We refund at our discretion minus any charges we are levied by the parcel carrier. These charges cannot be disputed by us. We also reserve the right to apply a 10% restocking fee on top of any charges applied to us for the return of the parcel. Therefore once shipped charges must be paid. We can accept no liability if the parcel is lost after charges have been refused to be paid.