PTN Pepi´s Tire Noodle -Rokkline
Created and developed from the needs of Enduro, Marathon and E bike riders but this insert benefits all. This insert is suitable for use in a tubeless MTB tyre.
PTN does many good things
- Improves comfort
- More control over rough terrain
- Improves traction and grip
- Reduces or eliminates the risk of burping.
- Does not increase rolling resistance, on rough ground rolling resistance is reduced.
- Reduces risk of rim and pinch flat damaged
- Run flat potential.
Rokkline differs from the lighter race line series of noodles in weight but also in its firmness and resistance to cutting. Both inserts save the same function but Rokkline can take more of a battering from err rocks. So greater impact resistance for gnarlier trails. Due to the increased fitness of Rokkline the insert will allow even lower pressures to be run. It support your tyre sidewalls better with a commensurate effect on the bike handling.
The material used is different from the Raceline and unique to PTN. It has been especially developed for PTN.
PTN will improve the way your bike handles. I achieves this by keeping more the tyre in contact with the ground and resisting tyre squirm. Tyre pressures can be reduced abit without getting squirm.
You install one side of the tyre bead, then the PTN and use the supplied valves, mount the second bead, pour sealant in and finish mounting the bead. Inflate as normal but expect to drop your pressures a bit - this is the key feature of the insert. Even at your normal pressures the tyre spring rate has changed and it alter the ride characteristics in a benifical way. It is recommended that you use an artificial latex based sealant with this insert like Maxalami MaXSeal.
Inserts are not just rim defence. They work by essentially creating two chambers in the tyre. The air chamber has a low spring rate and the insert has a higher spring rate. The way spring constants add in series means the air chamber dominates just keeping more of the tyre in contact with the ground. The higher spring rate of the insert though stops the tyre bottoming out and burping once you have squished the air.
- This product is used in World Cup Races and by riders just having a fun ride. Numerous race wins by elite riders.
- PTN will make you think your on wider tyres than you actually are. The bike is more controllable over rough terrain and through ruts.
- Less rim damage (that does not mean you can be more wreckless) as the PTN is firmer than air.
- Improves grip and comfort as PTN allows you to ride with a lower air pressures. This normally results in being able to ride faster so be careful. Too low though and you risk damage to the PTN.
-If your tyre/rim combination is prone to burping then PTN will stop the burping.
- Reduces risk of pinch flats but if your a regular tyre shredder it probably won't stop that.
- No changes needed on the rim/wheel or tyre.
- Can be used with all aluminium and carbon wheels if there is not an indication against this system.
- Allows you to continue/ finish your race run in case of a flat tyre like a Run Flat System but don't expect the PTN to survive but if your careful your wheels should.
-The coating prevents absorption of sealant unless the PTN gets damaged.
Weights per noodle.
650B "S" 65g/"M" 106g/ "L" 117g
29er "S" 77g/"M" 109g/ "L" 122g
- Made by BSC SRL Italy.
Contains: 2 Pepi´s Tire Noodle and 2 PTN Tubeless Valves (40mm).
Available for the following wheels:
Choose the size
|PTN Measure||Tyre Width||Rim Width|
|S||50 mm + / - 5mm||23 - 32mm|
|M||60 mm + / - 5mm||27 - 38mm|
|70 mm +/- 10mm||35 - 48mm|