The BORG22T Disc wheelset is perfect for road and CX race bikes using disc brakes. The rim for tubular tyres only and is 23mm wide, 22mm deep. It is a stiff rim. Therefore wider tubular tyres are perfect for this rim. The tyres shown are Dugast Rhino and Typhoon but these are not included in the sale.
The hubs in the picture are no longer used. The new hubs are the same as in other borg wheels.
- A robust all weather wheelset.
- Reliable cartridge bearing hubs
- Stiff yet comfortable.
- Triple butted Sapim spokes.
- 100/135mm or 100*22/142*12mm compatible.
- Shimano 8/9/10/11speed, XDR 12 speed driver, Campagnolo 9/10/11/12 speed freehub or Campagnolo N3W 13 speed freehub.
- 16000km warranty
- Weight 1640g
- Centrelock disc brake mounts. 6 bolt adapter available here.
- Handbuilt in the shop.
Let me know which axle standard combination you need at checkout.
Please state at checkout.
100*12/142*12mm for Cannondale offset bikes.
The wheels can be built for the Cannondale 6mm offset rear used in one of there CX bikes.
A review here
These are stiff and light wheels for CX racing or general road use.
The hubs used are BORG DX with centrelock rotor mounts.
Freehub bodies for
- Shimano 8/9/10/11speed
- XDR 12 speed driver
- Campagnolo 9/10/11/12 speed freehub
- Campagnolo N3W 13 speed freehub.
are available and are interchangeable.
The freehub has 4 independently spring loaded pawls and a 36T ratchet ring. It is advisable to re-grease the freehub mechanism with good grease like Rock n Roll Super Web to keep the hub quiet and to stop water ingress weakening the spring.
They are a large flange design because large flange hub reduces the braking loads on the spokes compared to small flange designs. The front hub has 2x NTN 6902 LLB bearings and the rear hub has 2x NTN 6902 LLB. The freehub body has 1x NTN 6902 LLB and 1x NTN 6802 LLB for shimano and 1x 2x 6803 bearing for Campagnolo, XDR and N3W freehubs . All spares are available.
Available in 28F/28R spoke count.
Weight of the 28F/28R BORG22T DISC wheelset is 1640g
The spoke and nipples are the last trick. Black Sapim Force triple butted 2.0/1.8/2.2mm (at the elbow where it matters) give long service life. The elbow being 2.2mm in diameter has 21% more cross-sectional area than a Sapim race or DT Swiss Competition spokes. This means 32 spoke wheels have the spoke life of a 36 spoke wheel. What is not to like about that? The nipples uses black Sapim alloy self locking nipples. The nipples can be easily turned with a 4 sided spoke key but won't vibrate loose by themselves. Sapim alloy nipples don't break. I have used tens thousands now.
What you get
- 28F/28R BORG22T disc 23mm wide 22mm deep rims Sapim Force spokes with BORG hubs for Q/R, 100x12mm or 142x12mm frame and forks.
- Please let me know the axle standard at checkout.
- Campagnolo 9/10/11/12 speed shimano 8/9/10/11 speed, N3W or SRAM XD driver freehub bodies.
- 5 year or 10,000 miles guarantee against spoke failure (anything reasonable covered too). The rims won't wear out so I can't do a guarantee for the life of the rim that might be a very long time.
See my notes on how to avoid freehub body notching
COVID 19 update. Overseas shipping is now with a courier only. UPS or Parcel force.
Orders placed in the afternoon normally get sent the next workday where possible. Orders placed before noon are often sent the same day but this is not guaranteed. Priority is given to Royal Mail Special delivery items always.
Same day disptach is not guaranteed due to volume of mail order. In general we are not operating with big delays in dispatch if any.
- Standard shipping is with Royal Mail using there 24 service. Cost £3. This is not a guaranteed service and takes 1-7 days normally but can be longer. The tracking number is not tracking but is a conformation of delivery code. If the item has been delivered to you or a neighbour then the tracking shows something otherwise it won't. If the item is needed urgently then pay for the courier/special delivery. in the case of the items recorded as delivered but you claim non delivery or delivery attempted but parcel never available for collection no refund or replacement goods are possible. R24 is not a tracked or insured service. We are only liable if delivery never happens. We wait 30 days before declaring am item lost. If this is not acceptable to you then pay for Special Delivery which is tracked and insured. We are not longer taking the hit for lost items because you want to spend less on postage.
- For a £7 surcharge, a next day (not sunday) tracked service (from dispatch) with Royal mail special delivery is used. You get an hour delivery slot by text. It's a fine service and worth the money. This only works for items up to 2kg. beyond that it gets very expensive and Parcel Force 24 tracked is used. This is fully insured service so in the event of non delivery a claim is possible.
- Rims are sent by courier only- cost £10. UPS is used. A phone number and email address must be supplied to allow me to book in. This service can also be picked for smaller items that you want delivered by UPS.
- Wheels shipping cost is £15 (cost of courier + cost of the box) next day. To NI, Scottish Islands, Channel Islands, Isle of Man and that is a two day service.
Due to the disruption in postal services during 2020, misdeliveries, customs issues and long delays all overseas shipping is now with Royal Mail International Tracked and Signed (europe only) and UPS or Parcel Force tracked services. Parcel mass and destination affect price. So the following applies. I do not offer cheaper slower mail services anymore.
The website will provide shipping rates at checkout.
The import charges you will face are and these will be levied by the shipping carrier or by your customs authority in advance of delivery. Customs clearance will add to shipping times.
You will be billed for
Import duties which are set by the tarrif code we declare. Tarrif rates are normally published on government websites. "Free trade agreements" affect this and for EU customers there are no duties as tarrifs are set at zero for goods like our wheels that originate in the U.K. Goods that originate in the E.U and are exported back yo the E.U attract tarriffs. Good made outside the e.u and sold into the E.U attract tarrifs. The declared value in GDP will be converted to your countries currency by the monthly rate published by your tax authority.
Customs clearance fees -these vary from country to country and also vary by declared value in some juristictions.
VAT or sales taxes and applied to the total of the declared value of goods, customs clearance charges and import duties.
This shop declares the total paid for the goods for customs value, no exceptions. We will not declare low values as thats fraud and we will not be party to it.
A word of warning once an parcel has been shipped any import charges are your reponsibility. Refusal to pay these charges to the parcel carrier mean you loose the right to an automatic refund. We refund at our discretion minus any charges we are levied by the parcel carrier. These charges cannot be disputed by us. We also reserve the right to apply a 10% restocking fee on top of any charges applied to us for the return of the parcel. Therefore once shipped charges must be paid. We can accept no liability if the parcel is lost after charges have been refused to be paid.