The BORG22T Disc wheelset is perfect for road and CX race bikes using disc brakes. The rim for tubular tyres only and is 23mm wide, 22mm deep. It is a stiff rim. Therefore wider tubular tyres are perfect for this rim. The tyres shown are Dugast Rhino and Typhoon but these are not included in the sale. I do stock some dugast tyres. You will need to allow for tyres being out of stock sometimes. More will always be coming though. If I have to order it generally takes 3 weeks to get stock from Dugast.
- A robust all weather wheelset.
- Reliable cartridge bearing hubs
- Stiff yet comfortable.
- Triple butted Sapim spokes.
- 100/135mm or 100*22/100*15/142*12mm compatible.
- Shimano, XD driver or Campagnolo freehub.
- 16000km warranty
- Weight 1640g
- Centrelock disc brake mounts.6 bolt adapter available here.
- Lockring for 15mm axled hubs must be used. Centrelock rotor lockring available here.
Let me know which axle standard combination you need at checkout.
Please state at checkout.
100*12/142*12mm for Cannondale offset bikes.
If the tubular tyre's are opted for with the wheels I will glue them for you and mount them. The cost of gluing with Vittoria Mastik one is included in the price of the wheels.
The wheels can be built for the Cannondale 6mm offset rear used in one of there CX bikes.
You will need to inform me of the axle standard combination required at checkout.
A review here
These are stiff and light wheels for CX racing or general road use.
The hubs used are BORG DX with centrelock rotor mounts.
Q/R, 100x12/15mm and 142x12mm compatible in any combination. Just tell me at checkout what you need.
6 bolt adapters made by Miche are available. The rear hub is supplied with a Shimano external spline lockring. Freehub bodies for Shimano 8/9/10/11 speed MTB or road, Campagnolo 9/10/11/12 speed, and SRAM XD driver are available and are interchangeable with nothing more than possible bearing preload adjustment.
The freehub has a titanium core/pawl seat springs with an aluminium alloy main body. The freehub has 3 spring loaded pawls and a 30T ratchet ring. It is advisable to re-grease the freehub mechanism with good grease like Rock n Roll Super Slick or Super Web to keep the hub quiet and to stop water ingress weakening the spring.
Why BORG DX hubs? Well, I have had Miche make these in 24H, 28H, and 32H drillings. They are a large flange design because large flange hub reduces the braking loads on the spokes compared to small flange designs. The bearings are not the normal ISO grade 0 or ABEC-5 (enduro) that you find in many hubs even high-end ones. SKF supply the bearings for the BORG DX hub but these bearings have much tighter tolerances on the outer and inner diameters, the seals, the balls are to a much higher standard, even the grease is a special formulation. All this is designed to increase bearing longevity particular in wet weather operation. To get the longest life, pressure washing the hubs should be avoided and the cassette should be cleaned removed from the hub. The front hub has 2x 6803 bearings and the rear hub has 1x 6803 non-drive side and 2x 6803 drive side. The freehub body has 2x 6803 bearing. The same high-grade bearings are used throughout the hub. All spares down to the ratchet ring are available. Simply I have had these hubs made without compromise.
Available in 28F/28R spoke count.
Weight of the 28F/28R BORG22T DISC wheelset is 1640g
The spoke and nipples are the last trick. Black Sapim Force triple butted 2.0/1.8/2.2mm (at the elbow where it matters) give long service life. The elbow being 2.2mm in diameter has 21% more cross-sectional area than a Sapim race or DT Swiss Competition spokes. This means 32 spoke wheels have the spoke life of a 36 spoke wheel. What is not to like about that? The nipples uses black Sapim alloy self locking nipples. The nipples can be easily turned with a 4 sided spoke key but won't vibrate loose by themselves. Sapim alloy nipples don't break. I have used tens thousands now.
What you get
- 28F/28R BORG22T disc 23mm wide 22mm deep rims Sapim Force spokes,SILS nipples with BORG DX hubs for Q/R, 100x12mm/15 or 142x12mm frame and forks.
- Please let me know the axle standard at checkout.
- Campagnolo 9/10/11/12 speed shimano 8/9/10/11 speed or SRAM XD driver freehub bodies.
- 5 year or 10,000 miles guarantee against spoke failure (anything reasonable covered too). The rims won't wear out so I can't do a guarantee for the life of the rim that might be a very long time.
See my notes on how to avoid freehub body notching
COVID 19 update. Overseas shipping is now with a courier only. UPS or Parcel force.
Orders placed in the afternoon normally get sent the next workday where possible. Orders placed before noon are often sent the same day but this is not guaranteed. Priority is given to Royal Mail Special delivery items always.
Same day disptach is not guaranteed due to volume of mail order. In general we are not operating with big delays in dispatch if any.
- Standard shipping is with Royal Mail using there 24 service. Cost £3. This is not a guaranteed service and takes 1-2 days normally but can be longer. The tracking number is not tracking but is a conformation of delivery code. If the item has been delivered to you or a neighbour then the tracking shows something otherwise it won't. If the item is needed urgently then pay for the courier/special delivery.
- For a £7 surcharge, a next day (not sunday) tracked service (from dispatch) with Royal mail special delivery is used. You get an hour delivery slot by text. It's a fine service and worth the money. This only works for items up to 2kg. beyond that it gets very expensive and Parcel Force 24 tracked is used.
- Rims are sent by courier only cost £10. Next working day service with Parcel Force. A phone number and email address must be supplied to allow me to book in. This service can also be picked for smaller items that you want delivered by Parcel Force.
- Wheels shipping cost is £15 (cost of courier + cost of the box) next day. To NI, Scottish Islands, Channel Islands, Isle of Man and that is a two day service. a surcharge
Due to the disruption in postal service, misdeliveries, customs issues and long delays all overseas shipping is now with UPS/Parcelfocre shipping, weight and destination affect price. So the following applies.
UPS is apply a £5 surcharge to all parcel picked up from 1st November to 1st January. This cost is passed onto you.
E.U countries that I ship to regularly.
Parcel Force shipping is used for a number of European countries. The price is the same for up 25kg. There is not a small parcel rate with Parcel Force. If your country is one of those then checkout is simple.Just checkout and pay. Parcel force offer a road freight service to most of Europe and it takes 2 to 5 days depending on the destination. UPS is also available on request.
Other E.U nations/outside EU customers a will see UPS rates.
However if the rate maybe wrong and the UPS rates assume a small E2 jiffy bag suitable for many small items. This if course does not apply for bigger items or multiples purchases. Quotes are available. Simply registering the website with you address e.t.c and I will provide full quote.
Therefore contact the shop for a shipping quote. Your registered shipping address will used for the UPS quote.
VAT will be removed as well and a new invoice issued. If payment has already been made a refund for excess payment will be issued.
For outside E.U customers the following applies. The order value is with VAT. VAT is 20% so order total for the parts/6 = VAT amount.
Then add the UPS shipping amount. The true amount may differ. the VAT is used if you have under paid if more is due then we will let you know. If you have over paid I will work out what and refund you.