Here at The Cycle Clinic we love tubular tyres. I ride on them so if want to pick my brains about them feel free. Ambrosio make three lovely box section tubular rims which I stock in the grey finish but the Nemesis is the one used here.
The Grey Ambrosio Nemesis is 465g, 633mm (700c) rim and this is great for those Nemesis days. This tubular rim just lasts and is available in 32H or 36H drilling. The 36H rear wheel is done on request.
These handbuilt wheels are light and stiff. Spokes used are Sapim laser for the front wheel and Sapim Race spokes on the rear wheel. Silver spokes used with silver hubs and black spokes used with black hubs. Silver brass nipples will be used.
Simply reliable wheels with no real weight limit that feel special. Braking performance is 1st class too. This classic rim still knows a trick or two.
I am offering the following hubs. All are 100mm OLD front and 130mm (or 126mm for one hub) rear. Other hubs can be used of course.
1) Miche Primato - black low cost reliable hubs with big 6001 cartridge bearings
2) Shimano Ultegra 6800 grey by uns .- simply good everyday do it all hubs for high mileage riders.
3) Shimano Dura Ace 9000 black hubs- perfect cup and cone hubs with a Ti freehub body
4) Royce low flange front and Venus rear - silver only big reliable 6001 NTN bearing and a Ti freehub body.
6) Campagnolo Record black hubs with Shimano or Campagnolo freehub bodies. Reliable and light weight hubs.
7) Zenith large flange setilver freewheel hubs with a 126mm or 130mm OLD rear.
All builds laced 3x. Brass nipples used throughout.
32F/32R Nemesis Miche (black or silver) build weight 1785g Shimano 8/9/10/11 speed or campagnolo 9/10/11 speed freehub body
32F/32R Nemesis Campagnolo Record (black) build 1685g with the campagnolo freehub (35g more with the shimano steel freehub) Shimano 8/9/10/11 speed or campagnolo 9/10/11 speed freehub body
32F/32R Nemesis White Industries T11 (black or silver) build 1685g. Shimano 8/9/10/11 speed or campagnolo 9/10/11 speed Ti freehub body.