The BORG31 wheelset is a semi aero, very stiff wheelset based on a wide rim which is perfect for all weather training use, road racing or CX use. The rim is 31mm deep, 24mm wide with a 19mm internal width. The rear rim is offset (asymmetric) which increases non drive spoke tension. This is useful way of increasing spoke life. These wheels are very stiff but are comfortable. They will provide secure handling and you will enjoy them. They also offer a aero benefit comparable to some deeper carbon rims.
- A robust all weather race orientated wheelset.
- Big cartridge bearing used in the hubs
- 31mm deep.
- 24mm wide tubeless tyre ready rims (tubed tyre compatible too).
- Stiff yet comfortable.
- Triple butted Sapim aero spokes.
- Shimano 8/9/10/11 speed, SRAM AXS 12 speed or Campagnolo 9/10/11/12 speed freehub.
- Hand built in the shop.
- Life if the rim warranty
- Weight from 1655g (bare wheels no tape)
The wheels are properly tubeless compatible. Tubeless tyres inflate with a floor pump (IRC tyres do) and remain securely seated with no air present.
This is a all weather aero wheelset for training and racing.
There is one option
- 20F/24R with Miche Primato hub
The spokes used for options are black Sapim Cx-ray for the front wheel 2.0mm(0.9/2.2)mm/2.0mm and Sapim Cx-Force spokes 2.2mm/(1.3mm/2.2mm/2.0mm) with Sapim black alloy nipples. The Cx-force spokes have a thicker elbow than most spokes (triple butted) this means longer spoke life.
The hubs used are Miche Primato.
The Miche hubs have steel axles (rear hub) and big bearings so they are very reliable hubs. Freehubs are easily swapped between Campagnolo, XDR and Shimano. Freehub bodies are low cost and available from The Cycle Clinic (if fact all hub spares are). The freehubs available are 8/9/10/11 speed compatible for Shimano, SRAM AXS 12 speed and 9/10/11/12 speed compatible for Campagnolo.
Don't be fooled by the price of the Miche hubs there are few hubs on the market that are more reliable. Rear hub bearings typically last 8000 to 10000 miles of mixed weather U.K use. Then change them for more miles of happy riding. All spares are available through The Cycle Clinic and I mean all spares down to the ratchet ring.
Kool Stop Salmon brake pads are recommend for these wheels (and all rim brake wheels) to maximise brake track life. Available for Shimano or Campagnolo holders.
Front OLD is 100mm and rear OLD is 130mm.
Simply a reliable wheelset for all weathers and combined with IRC tyres, it maybe the only wheelset you need.
The Cycle Clinic is a stockist/importer of IRC tubeless and clincher (tubed) tyres. You can opt for any IRC tyres to be fitted to your wheels. Other brands are stocked too, and if you buy tyres from this shop I will fit them and tubeless tyres are set them up with Maxalami Sealant. Please note if you buy tubed tyres buy tubes also. Below are links to the tubeless tyres and IRC tubed tyres stocked.
Continental GP5000TL 25mm, 28mm or 32mm
IRC Aspite RBCC clincher 24mm or 26mm (for use with inner tubes)
IRC Roadlite X guard 25 mm tyres (for use with tubes).
IRC Jetty 23mm, 25mm or 28mm (for use with inner tubes)
Veloflex Corsa EVO TLR Orange seal will be used for cotton casing tubeless tyres
Veloflex Corsa Race TLR Orange seal will be used for cotton casing tubeless tyres
If you buy any tyre (with tubes if applicable) I will fit them for you to your wheels.
Wheel set weight bare with
20F/24R Miche hubs is 1655g,
What you get
- Wheelset front and rear with Sapim CX- ray and CX-Force aero spokes
- TESA tubeless rim tape
- BORG black alloy tubeless valves
- Q/R skewers for Miche and hubs
- The best guarantee (for the life of the rim against spoke failure and anything that could be termed a defect) i.e. problems fixed at my cost not yours.
Video of how to deal with tubeless punctures that wont seal.Other thing to buy with this wheelset
COVID 19 update. Overseas shipping is now with a courier only. UPS or Parcel force.
Orders placed in the afternoon normally get sent the next workday where possible. Orders placed before noon are often sent the same day but this is not guaranteed. Priority is given to Royal Mail Special delivery items always.
Same day disptach is not guaranteed due to volume of mail order. In general we are not operating with big delays in dispatch if any.
- Standard shipping is with Royal Mail using there 24 service. Cost £3. This is not a guaranteed service and takes 1-7 days normally but can be longer. The tracking number is not tracking but is a conformation of delivery code. If the item has been delivered to you or a neighbour then the tracking shows something otherwise it won't. If the item is needed urgently then pay for the courier/special delivery. in the case of the items recorded as delivered but you claim non delivery or delivery attempted but parcel never available for collection no refund or replacement goods are possible. R24 is not a tracked or insured service. We are only liable if delivery never happens. We wait 30 days before declaring am item lost. If this is not acceptable to you then pay for Special Delivery which is tracked and insured. We are not longer taking the hit for lost items because you want to spend less on postage.
- For a £7 surcharge, a next day (not sunday) tracked service (from dispatch) with Royal mail special delivery is used. You get an hour delivery slot by text. It's a fine service and worth the money. This only works for items up to 2kg. beyond that it gets very expensive and Parcel Force 24 tracked is used. This is fully insured service so in the event of non delivery a claim is possible.
- Rims are sent by courier only- cost £10. UPS is used. A phone number and email address must be supplied to allow me to book in. This service can also be picked for smaller items that you want delivered by UPS.
- Wheels shipping cost is £15 (cost of courier + cost of the box) next day. To NI, Scottish Islands, Channel Islands, Isle of Man and that is a two day service.
Due to the disruption in postal services during 2020, misdeliveries, customs issues and long delays all overseas shipping is now with Royal Mail International Tracked and Signed (europe only) and UPS or Parcel Force tracked services. Parcel mass and destination affect price. So the following applies. I do not offer cheaper slower mail services anymore.
The website will provide shipping rates at checkout.
The import charges you will face are and these will be levied by the shipping carrier or by your customs authority in advance of delivery. Customs clearance will add to shipping times.
You will be billed for
Import duties which are set by the tarrif code we declare. Tarrif rates are normally published on government websites. "Free trade agreements" affect this and for EU customers there are no duties as tarrifs are set at zero for goods like our wheels that originate in the U.K. Goods that originate in the E.U and are exported back yo the E.U attract tarriffs. Good made outside the e.u and sold into the E.U attract tarrifs. The declared value in GDP will be converted to your countries currency by the monthly rate published by your tax authority.
Customs clearance fees -these vary from country to country and also vary by declared value in some juristictions.
VAT or sales taxes and applied to the total of the declared value of goods, customs clearance charges and import duties.
This shop declares the total paid for the goods for customs value, no exceptions. We will not declare low values as thats fraud and we will not be party to it.
A word of warning once an parcel has been shipped any import charges are your reponsibility. Refusal to pay these charges to the parcel carrier mean you loose the right to an automatic refund. We refund at our discretion minus any charges we are levied by the parcel carrier. These charges cannot be disputed by us. We also reserve the right to apply a 10% restocking fee on top of any charges applied to us for the return of the parcel. Therefore once shipped charges must be paid. We can accept no liability if the parcel is lost after charges have been refused to be paid.