There is a bit of an Italian theme in this shop. One reason is the Italian brands we deal with make there products in house. Basso is one of them. There designs are there own. The manufacturing and QC is there own. The paint is there own. They control the process from starr to finish. We like that. In that spirit we do not buy Basso bike prebuilt. We buy the frames, we build the wheels and build the bike. This means each bicycle leaves the shop right.
The Venta is Basso entry level road bike but its far from entry level.
The 20th anniversary Venta model blends head turning and function-driven design with performance that makes it a more than capable race-ready steed. Sleek lines and minimalist graphics make sure that this frame perhaps one of the most elegant within its segment. While aesthetics go a long way into defining the beauty of the Venta model it is the craftsmanship that sets this frame apart from its competition. Made by hand, by Basso and with the same extreme attention to quality and detail used to make the most premium frames in the range, the Venta represents a fantastic value proposition. It’s beautiful shape and construction meet with advanced features, generally reserved for higher tier offerings, thus making for an even more interesting offer. Internal cable routing and integrated seat post clamp make for a clean aesthetic while the oversized bottom bracket and reinforced head tube complete the package.
The bike and the wheels are built here. The complete Venta road bicycle is one which will put a smile on your face every time you ride it
The wheels are our highly regarded BORG22 Disc wheelset - 22mm deep alloy rimmed wheels on Italian made BORG DX hubs.
You can pick from the sublime Campagnolo Chorus 12x disc groupset. Shimano groupsets can be supplied subject to availability. Thats a complete group as well no mixing of brands or tiers. That would spoil it.
We offer IRC tubeless or IRC tubed tyres to finish the build.
The bars and stem are from Deda and the saddle is a Sella Italia.
The build specification can be altered in almost any way. This specification is just the starting point.
Carbon Fibre Frame Technology: Basso was among the first to research, develop and employ carbon in its frames. By not only building with carbon but researching new methods and techniques to continually improve performance, reliability and durability the Basso frame is an advanced piece of technology that rivals anything else on the market and rides like only a Basso can. The beauty of such technology is that the fantastic ride quality that derives from such engineering is permanent, making the Basso frame perform equally after several seasons’ use as it did on the first day. Invest in Basso Composite technology, it’ll pay dividends for your cycling future.
- Shaped to make you faster. Each and every tube in the construction of this model has been made to reduce aerodynamic drag to a minimum, thus allowing you the rider to move forward faster and with less effort. Our aerodynamic approach seeks to develop a versatile design that takes into account the highly variable wind situations and angles that the rider may find themselves in. Aero optimized not for the wind tunnel but rather for the real world.
Full process quality control
By producing everything in house we can guarantee complete quality control, be agile and responsive regarding design, and ensure a product that represents excellence at 360°.
You've chosen the right frame, now build it your way
Choose your frame and then choose how to build it up, piece by piece. Build your dream ride with a fantastic foundation made by Basso and create your personal masterpiece by choosing the components that are the best fit for you.
The Basso Warranty service
The Basso logo on the frame serves as a guarantee in and of itself. We take great pride in the quality of our products and stand by each and everyone that leaves our factory, happy to participate in your great cycling experience. That being said we have a 2-year warranty that can be extended for another additional year by simply registering your frame/bike upon purchase.
COVID 19 update. Overseas shipping is now with a courier only. UPS or Parcel force.
Orders placed in the afternoon normally get sent the next workday where possible. Orders placed before noon are often sent the same day but this is not guaranteed. Priority is given to Royal Mail Special delivery items always.
Same day disptach is not guaranteed due to volume of mail order. In general we are not operating with big delays in dispatch if any.
- Standard shipping is with Royal Mail using there 24 service. Cost £3. This is not a guaranteed service and takes 1-7 days normally but can be longer. The tracking number is not tracking but is a conformation of delivery code. If the item has been delivered to you or a neighbour then the tracking shows something otherwise it won't. If the item is needed urgently then pay for the courier/special delivery. in the case of the items recorded as delivered but you claim non delivery or delivery attempted but parcel never available for collection no refund or replacement goods are possible. R24 is not a tracked or insured service. We are only liable if delivery never happens. We wait 30 days before declaring am item lost. If this is not acceptable to you then pay for Special Delivery which is tracked and insured. We are not longer taking the hit for lost items because you want to spend less on postage.
- For a £7 surcharge, a next day (not sunday) tracked service (from dispatch) with Royal mail special delivery is used. You get an hour delivery slot by text. It's a fine service and worth the money. This only works for items up to 2kg. beyond that it gets very expensive and Parcel Force 24 tracked is used. This is fully insured service so in the event of non delivery a claim is possible.
- Rims are sent by courier only- cost £10. UPS is used. A phone number and email address must be supplied to allow me to book in. This service can also be picked for smaller items that you want delivered by UPS.
- Wheels shipping cost is £15 (cost of courier + cost of the box) next day. To NI, Scottish Islands, Channel Islands, Isle of Man and that is a two day service.
Due to the disruption in postal services during 2020, misdeliveries, customs issues and long delays all overseas shipping is now with UPS or Parcel Force. Parcel mass and destination affect price. So the following applies. I do not offer cheaper slower mail services anymore. Please don't ask as it means you have not read this page. There is no circumstance where i will use a cheaper service.
The website will provide shipping rates at checkout.
The import charges you will face are and these will be levied by the shipping carrier or by your customs authority in advance of delivery. Customs clearance will add to shipping times.
You will be billed for
Import duties which are set by the tarrif code we declare. Tarrif rates are normally published on government websites. "Free trade agreements" affect this and for EU customers there are no duties as tarrifs are set at zero for goods like our wheels that originate in the U.K. Goods that originate in the E.U and are exported back yo the E.U attract tarriffs. Good made outside the e.u and sold into the E.U attract tarrifs. The declared value in GDP will be converted to your countries currency by the monthly rate published by your tax authority.
Customs clearance fees -these vary from country to country and also vary by declared value in some juristictions.
VAT or sales taxes and applied to the total of the declared value of goods, customs clearance charges and import duties.
This shop declares the total paid for the goods for customs value, no exceptions. We will not declare low values as thats fraud and we will not be party to it.