The BORG22 review here . This listing is for the rims with gloss black finish and white logo's. I have 30 rims to clear hense the lower price.
The wheels are handbuilt in the shop. I call these BORG22 they are 22mm deep. They are my all weather training wheelset. The rims are not expensive if they need to be replaced and the hubs, well they love the wet. Bearing life is long in all conditions.
The rim is 24mm wide and 22mm deep. It weighs 450g. The rear rim has offset drilling for increased NDS spoke tension (this is a good thing for spoke life). The internal width of this rim is 19mm and it has a 2mm thick spoke nipple bed. All tyres will sit wider on this rim than they would on a narrower one. This improves rider comfort due to the increased air volume and due to the different tyre shape handling in the bends particularly over broken road surfaces is improved. .
This rear wheel are robust and the rims are low cost meaning they are perfect training wheels and ideal for wet weather/winter use. They are supplied tubeless ready with tubeless tape, valves and IRC tyre levers. The levers are supplied because they are best levers I have tried and make fitting of every tyre I have tried so far easy.
Spokes and nipples
28H with black Sapim force rear. Sapim black self locking alloy nipples are used. A stiff wheelset for nearly all riders weight limit 100kg. Spoke nipple washers are used as well.
Hub - 130mm OLD
Miche Primato hubs are used for most build options. They have proven themselves and give many thousands of miles of trouble free all weather use. The bearings are 2x6001 C3 in both the front and rear hub shells. The rear freehub has 2x 6901 bearings. The axles front and rear are 12mm diameter and made of steel. The front and rear hub are a free axle design making disassembly really simple. Both the front and rear hub have a bearing preload adjuster which should be set once the wheels are installed in the bike.
Shimano 8/9/10/11 speed freehub and Campagnolo 9/10/11 speed freehub bodies.
Simply reliable wheels that benefit from The Cycle Clinic life of the rim guarantee against going out of true/spoke failure, rim cracking (but not rim damage) and hub flange cracking.
The Cycle Clinic is a stockist of IRC tubeless and clincher (tubed) tyres. You can opt for either tyres to be fitted to your wheels.
IRC Roadlite tubeless 23mm and 25mm.
IRC Formula Pro RBCC tubeless 25mm or 28mm
IRC Formula Pro X-guard tubeless 25mm or 28mm
IRC Formula Pro Light tubeless 25mm
IRC Serac CX tyres are available in 32mm width
IRC Aspite Pro Dry clincher with conti inner tubes 24mm or 26mm
IRC Roadlite X guard 25 mm tyres (for use with tubes).
If you any IRC tyres (with tubes if applicable) I will fit them for you.
Weight (bare wheels)
- Min tyre real width 25mm max pressure 7.5 bar.
What you get
- Wheelset front and rear with Sapim spokes and nipples.
- VAR tubeless rim tape
- VAR tubeless valves
- Q/R skewers.
- IRC tubeless tyres levers
- The best guarantee (for the life of the rim against spoke failure and anything that could be termed a defect) i.e. problems fixed at my cost not yours
- Crash replacement at cost of parts only no labour.
Other thing to buy with this wheelset
COVID 19 update. Overseas shipping is now with a courier only. UPS or Parcel force.
Orders placed in the afternoon normally get sent the next workday where possible. Orders placed before noon are often sent the same day but this is not guaranteed. Priority is given to Royal Mail Special delivery items always.
Same day disptach is not guaranteed due to volume of mail order. In general we are not operating with big delays in dispatch if any.
- Standard shipping is with Royal Mail using there 24 service. Cost £3. This is not a guaranteed service and takes 1-7 days normally but can be longer. The tracking number is not tracking but is a conformation of delivery code. If the item has been delivered to you or a neighbour then the tracking shows something otherwise it won't. If the item is needed urgently then pay for the courier/special delivery.
- For a £7 surcharge, a next day (not sunday) tracked service (from dispatch) with Royal mail special delivery is used. You get an hour delivery slot by text. It's a fine service and worth the money. This only works for items up to 2kg. beyond that it gets very expensive and Parcel Force 24 tracked is used.
- Rims are sent by courier only- cost £10. UPS is used. A phone number and email address must be supplied to allow me to book in. This service can also be picked for smaller items that you want delivered by UPS.
- Wheels shipping cost is £15 (cost of courier + cost of the box) next day. To NI, Scottish Islands, Channel Islands, Isle of Man and that is a two day service.
Due to the disruption in postal services during 2020, misdeliveries, customs issues and long delays all overseas shipping is now with UPS or Parcel Force. Parcel mass and destination affect price. So the following applies. I do not offer cheaper slower mail services anymore. Please don't ask as it means you have not read this page. There is no circumstance where i will use a cheaper service.
The website will provide shipping rates and estimated delivery's times for the services offered at checkout.
The import charges you will face are and these will be levied by the shipping carrier or by your customs authority in advance of delivery. Customs clearance will add to shipping times. Carrier like UPS operate there own customs in line with the deliveries countries laws in most jurisdictions and will bill you directly.
You will be billed for
Import duties which are set by the tarrif code i declare. Most cycling goods have a tarrif rate of 4.7%. Clothing however has higher duty rates, socks face a WTO tarrif rate of 12%. Free trade agreements affect this and for EU customers there are no duties as tarrifs are set at zero. The declared value in GDP will be converted to your countries currency by the monthly rate published by your tax authority.
Customs clearance fees -these vary from country to country and also vary by declared value in some juristictions.
VAT or sales taxes and applied to the total of the declared value of goods, customs clearance charges and import duties.
This shop declares the total paid for the goods for customs value, no exceptions. We will not declare low values as thats fraud and we will not be party to it.