The wheels are handbuilt in the shop. I call these BORG22 light because they are 22mm deep and light. They differ from the the standard BORG22 in that they have lighter hubs and spokes. It is a light, tubeless ready wheelset for light bikes and summer days.The wheels are compatible with tubeless and tubed tyres.
- A robust all weather race orientated wheelset.
- SKF cartridge bearing used in the hubs
- 22mm deep.
- 24mm wide tubeless tyre ready rims (tubed tyre compatible too).
- Stiff yet comfortable.
- Sapim aero spokes.
- Shimano 8/9/10/11 speed, SRAM AXS 12 speed or Campagnolo 9/10/11/12 speed freehub.
- Hand built in the shop.
- Life if the rim warranty
- Weight 1400g
The rim is 24mm wide and 22mm deep. It weighs 440g. The rear rim has offset drilling for increased NDS spoke tension (this is a good thing for spoke life). The internal width of this rim is 19mm and it has a 2mm thick spoke nipple bed. This improves rider comfort due to the increased air volume and due to the different tyre shape handling in the bends, particularly over broken road surfaces is improved.
Tubeless rim tape and black alloy tubeless valves are supplied so the wheels are tubeless ready.
The light version is offered in one form only.
Spokes and nipples
24F/28R Black straight pull Cx rays front and Sapim CX sprint spokes rear - 100/130mm OLD. Let me know which colour at checkout or black will be assumed. I use Sapim CX Sprint spokes for the rear for increased radial, lateral and torsional stiffness over using sapim Cx rays which also means longer spoke life.
Carbon Ti hubs in black finish are used. The freehub has 4 pawls. The bearing used are of a standard industrial size (6903/6803 in the rear hub shell). Light but reliable hubs with 56points of engagement. The ratchet ring is titanium.
Shimano 8/9/10/11 speed freehub, SRAM XDR road and Campagnolo 9/10/11 speed freehub bodies available for both hubs.
Simply light, stiff and reliable wheels that benefit from The Cycle Clinic life of the rim guarantee against going out of true/spoke failure, rim cracking (but not rim damage) and hub flange cracking. Of course all of these failures are extremely unlikely.
The Cycle Clinic is a stockist/importer of IRC tubeless and clincher (tubed) tyres. You can opt for any IRC tyres to be fitted to your wheels. Other brands are stocked too. If you buy tubeless tyres of this shop we will fit them and set them up with Maxalami Sealant. Please note if you buy tubed tyres buy tubes also. Below are links to the tubeless tyres and IRC tubed tyres stocked.
Continental GP5000TL 25mm, 28mm or 32mm
IRC Aspite RBCC clincher 24mm or 26mm (for use with inner tubes)
IRC Roadlite X guard 25 mm tyres (for use with tubes).
IRC Jetty 23mm, 25mm or 28mm (for use with inner tubes)
If you buy any tyre (with tubes if applicable) I will fit them for you to your wheels.
Weight (bare wheels)
- Min tyre real width 25mm max pressure 7.5 bar.
What you get
- Wheelset front and rear with Sapim aero spokes and nipples.
- Tubeless rim tape
- Black alloy beless valves
- No Q/R skewers!
Other thing to buy with this wheelset
COVID 19 update. Overseas shipping is now with a courier only. UPS or Parcel force.
Orders placed in the afternoon normally get sent the next workday where possible. Orders placed before noon are often sent the same day but this is not guaranteed. Priority is given to Royal Mail Special delivery items always.
Same day disptach is not guaranteed due to volume of mail order. In general we are not operating with big delays in dispatch if any.
- Standard shipping is with Royal Mail using there 24 service. Cost £3. This is not a guaranteed service and takes 1-7 days normally but can be longer. The tracking number is not tracking but is a conformation of delivery code. If the item has been delivered to you or a neighbour then the tracking shows something otherwise it won't. If the item is needed urgently then pay for the courier/special delivery. in the case of the items recorded as delivered but you claim non delivery or delivery attempted but parcel never available for collection no refund or replacement goods are possible. R24 is not a tracked or insured service. We are only liable if delivery never happens. We wait 30 days before declaring am item lost. If this is not acceptable to you then pay for Special Delivery which is tracked and insured. We are not longer taking the hit for lost items because you want to spend less on postage.
- For a £7 surcharge, a next day (not sunday) tracked service (from dispatch) with Royal mail special delivery is used. You get an hour delivery slot by text. It's a fine service and worth the money. This only works for items up to 2kg. beyond that it gets very expensive and Parcel Force 24 tracked is used. This is fully insured service so in the event of non delivery a claim is possible.
- Rims are sent by courier only- cost £10. UPS is used. A phone number and email address must be supplied to allow me to book in. This service can also be picked for smaller items that you want delivered by UPS.
- Wheels shipping cost is £15 (cost of courier + cost of the box) next day. To NI, Scottish Islands, Channel Islands, Isle of Man and that is a two day service.
Due to the disruption in postal services during 2020, misdeliveries, customs issues and long delays all overseas shipping is now with Royal Mail Internation al Tracked and Signed (europe only) and UPS or Parcel Force tracked services. Parcel mass and destination affect price. So the following applies. I do not offer cheaper slower mail services anymore. Please don't ask as it means you have not read this page. There is no circumstance where i will use a cheaper service.
The website will provide shipping rates at checkout.
The import charges you will face are and these will be levied by the shipping carrier or by your customs authority in advance of delivery. Customs clearance will add to shipping times.
You will be billed for
Import duties which are set by the tarrif code we declare. Tarrif rates are normally published on government websites. "Free trade agreements" affect this and for EU customers there are no duties as tarrifs are set at zero for goods like our wheels that originate in the U.K. Goods that originate in the E.U and are exported back yo the E.U attract tarriffs. Good made outside the e.u and sold into the E.U attract tarrifs. The declared value in GDP will be converted to your countries currency by the monthly rate published by your tax authority.
Customs clearance fees -these vary from country to country and also vary by declared value in some juristictions.
VAT or sales taxes and applied to the total of the declared value of goods, customs clearance charges and import duties.
This shop declares the total paid for the goods for customs value, no exceptions. We will not declare low values as thats fraud and we will not be party to it.