The BORG28 DISC Boost is a 28mm wide 22.5mm deep wheelset with a rim that has an internal width of 23mm. It is stiff, reliable and can handle the load. There are lighter wheels but these are more reliable for a wider range of riders and bicycle types.
- A robust all weather wheelset.
- Reliable cartridge bearing hubs.
- 28mm Wide tubeless tyre ready wheelset (tubed tyre compatible also).
- 110*15/148*12mm compatible.
- 32 spoke count wheels
- E-bike compatible (550Nm rated)
- Stiff yet comfortable.
- Triple butted Sapim spokes.
- Shimano 8/9/10/11speed, XD 11/12 speed driver, or Shimano 12 speed mocrospline compatie
- 5 year warranty.
- Hand built in the shop.
- Weight from 1760g (650B)
- 6 bolt rotor mounts
This is a disc brake specific wheelset that is black in colour, tubeless ready and ready and has 110/148mm boost spacing.
The high spoke count and the triple butted spokes make this wheelset trail ready and suitable for E bikes or 100% human power. The hub is made to handle 550Nm of torque. Hence an it can be used in your E bike and in your XC bike.
The large hub flanges minimise spoke tension changes and the triple butted spokes along with the brass nipples and washers ensure the whole wheel is reliable.
Tyre width up to 2.4" make sense with this rim. 2.0" to 2.2" tyres are perfect.
The hubs used are Miche XM550 with 6 bolt rotor mounts.
Freehub bodies for
- Shimano 8/9/10/11speed
- Shimano micro spline 12 speed
- XD 11/12 speed driver
are available and are interchangeable with nothing more than possible bearing preload adjustment.
The hub use SKF made bearings but not the normal grade 0 bearing you would get from a bearing supplier. These bearings are made to much tighter tolerances and therefore provide longer life.
The freehub has a steel core/pawl seat springs with an aluminium alloy main body. the hub uses a large ratchet ring and this along with the big teeth and pawls are the key the high torque rating.
It is also advisable to correctly torque your cassette lockring. If this is done to the correctly the freehub won't notch. If it isn't it might.
The hub provides 30 points of engagement. This is key to the high torque rating. More point of engagement means a lower torque rating and increased risk of drive failures.
Hub mass is only 480g.
Spokes will be black Sapim Force with brass nipples. Spoke nipples washers are used to ensure the rim won't crack.
The Cycle Clinic is a stockist/importer of IRC tubeless and clincher (tubed) tyres. You can opt for any IRC tyres to be fitted to your wheels. Other brands are stocked too and if you buy tyres f this shop I will fit them. Mavic UST tyres are also available just ask.
IRC E-Mirbo 2.25"
32 spoke 650B with BORG DX hubs 1760g
32 spoke 700C/29er with BORG DX hubs 1860g
Simply a solid wheelset that will do it all.
You can choose from any of the tyres stocked and if you buy them they will be fitted.
what you get
- 5 year/10,000 mile guarantee against fatigue failures ( damage to rim or spokes invalidates warranty)
- tubeless ready wheelset, (tape, valves and IRC tyre levers)
- crash damage repair at cost of parts only.
- Spares back up. If I use a hub all spares are available.
See my notes on how to avoid freehub body notching
Things to buy if your using tubeless tyres.
COVID 19 update. Overseas shipping is now with a courier only. UPS or Parcel force.
Orders placed in the afternoon normally get sent the next workday where possible. Orders placed before noon are often sent the same day but this is not guaranteed. Priority is given to Royal Mail Special delivery items always.
Same day disptach is not guaranteed due to volume of mail order. In general we are not operating with big delays in dispatch if any.
- Standard shipping is with Royal Mail using there 24 service. Cost £3. This is not a guaranteed service and takes 1-7 days normally but can be longer. The tracking number is not tracking but is a conformation of delivery code. If the item has been delivered to you or a neighbour then the tracking shows something otherwise it won't. If the item is needed urgently then pay for the courier/special delivery.
- For a £7 surcharge, a next day (not sunday) tracked service (from dispatch) with Royal mail special delivery is used. You get an hour delivery slot by text. It's a fine service and worth the money. This only works for items up to 2kg. beyond that it gets very expensive and Parcel Force 24 tracked is used.
- Rims are sent by courier only- cost £10. UPS is used. A phone number and email address must be supplied to allow me to book in. This service can also be picked for smaller items that you want delivered by UPS.
- Wheels shipping cost is £15 (cost of courier + cost of the box) next day. To NI, Scottish Islands, Channel Islands, Isle of Man and that is a two day service.
Due to the disruption in postal services during 2020, misdeliveries, customs issues and long delays all overseas shipping is now with UPS or Parcel Force. Parcel mass and destination affect price. So the following applies. I do not offer cheaper slower mail services anymore. Please don't ask as it means you have not read this page. There is no circumstance where i will use a cheaper service.
The website will provide shipping rates and estimated delivery's times for the services offered at checkout.
The import charges you will face are and these will be levied by the shipping carrier or by your customs authority in advance of delivery. Customs clearance will add to shipping times. Carrier like UPS operate there own customs in line with the deliveries countries laws in most jurisdictions and will bill you directly.
You will be billed for
Import duties which are set by the tarrif code i declare. Most cycling goods have a tarrif rate of 4.7%. Clothing however has higher duty rates, socks face a WTO tarrif rate of 12%. Free trade agreements affect this and for EU customers there are no duties as tarrifs are set at zero. The declared value in GDP will be converted to your countries currency by the monthly rate published by your tax authority.
Customs clearance fees -these vary from country to country and also vary by declared value in some juristictions.
VAT or sales taxes and applied to the total of the declared value of goods, customs clearance charges and import duties.
This shop declares the total paid for the goods for customs value, no exceptions. We will not declare low values as thats fraud and we will not be party to it.