The BORG28 is a 28mm wide 22.5mm deep wheelset with a rim that has an internal width of 23mm. It is stiff, reliable and can handle the load. There are lighter wheels but these are more reliable for a wider range of riders and bicycle types.
- A robust all weather wheelset.
- Reliable cartridge bearing hubs.
- 28mm Wide tubeless tyre ready wheelset (tubed tyre compatible also).
- 100/135mm or 100*12/100*15/142*12mm compatible.
- 28 spoke or 32 spoke count wheels
- Stiff yet comfortable.
- Triple butted Sapim spokes.
- Shimano 8/9/10/11speed, XDR 12 speed driver, Campagnolo 9/10/11/12 speed freehub or Campagnolo N3W 13 speed freehub.
- 5 year warranty.
- Hand built in the shop.
- Weight from 1585g
- Centrelock disc brake mounts.
- 6 bolt adapter available here.
- Lockring for 15mm axled hubs must be used. Centrelock rotor lockring available here.
At checkout please state axle if 100x12mm/142×12mm with 6mm off set for some Cannondales is required.
This is a disc brake specific wheelset that is black in colour, tubeless ready and ready for the road or trails. The 32 spoke set is suitable for heavier riders. Whilst the 28 spoke wheelset is suitable for lighter riders.
The large flanges minimise spoke tension changes and the triple butted spokes along with the brass nipples and washers ensure the whole wheel is reliable.
Use it on the road or for MTB XC use or gravel or as a touring bike or audax rides. The extra width means a comfortable ride.
Minimum tyre width is 36mm but tyres 40mm to 60mm are ideal.
The hubs used are BORG DX with centrelock rotor mounts.
Freehub bodies for
- Shimano 8/9/10/11speed
- Shimano micro spline 12 speed
- XDR 12 speed driver (eagle 12 speed cassette compatible too.
- Campagnolo N3W 13 speed freehub.
are available and are interchangeable with nothing more than possible bearing preload adjustment.
The freehub has 3 spring loaded pawls and a 30T ratchet ring. It is advisable to re-grease the freehub mechanism with good grease like Rock n Roll Super Slick or Super Web to keep the hub quiet and to stop water ingress weakening the spring.
They are a large flange design because large flange hub reduces the braking loads on the spokes compared to small flange designs. The front hub has 2x 6803 bearings and the rear hub has 1x 6803 non-drive side and 2x 6803 drive side. The freehub body has 2x 6803 bearing. The same high-grade bearings are used throughout the hub. All spares down to the ratchet ring are available.
Spokes will be black Sapim Force with brass nipples for 32 spoke wheels and for 28 spoke wheels Sapim black alloy nipples are used. Spoke nipples washers are used to ensure the rim won't crack.
The Cycle Clinic is a stockist/importer of IRC tubeless and clincher (tubed) tyres. You can opt for any IRC tyres to be fitted to your wheels. Other brands are stocked too and if you buy tyres f this shop I will fit them.
IRC E-Mirbo 2.25"
28 spoke 650B with BORG DX hubs 1585g
28 spoke 700c/29er with BORG DX hubs 1685g
32 spoke 650B with BORG DX hubs 1680g
32 spoke 700C/29er with BORG DX hubs 1780g
Feel free to purchase a suitable IRC gravel, MTB or a WTB tubeless tyres and I will fit them.
Simply a solid wheelset that will do it all.
You can choose from any of the tyres stocked and if you buy them they will be fitted.
what you get
- 5 year/10,000 mile guarantee against spoke failure
- tubeless ready wheelset, (tape, valves and IRC tyre levers)
- crash damage repair at cost of parts only.
- Spares back up. If I use a hub all spares are available.
See my notes on how to avoid freehub body notching
Things to buy if your using tubeless tyres.
COVID 19 update. Overseas shipping is now with a courier only. UPS or Parcel force.
Orders placed in the afternoon normally get sent the next workday where possible. Orders placed before noon are often sent the same day but this is not guaranteed. Priority is given to Royal Mail Special delivery items always.
Same day disptach is not guaranteed due to volume of mail order. In general we are not operating with big delays in dispatch if any.
- Standard shipping is with Royal Mail using there 24 service. Cost £3. This is not a guaranteed service and takes 1-7 days normally but can be longer. The tracking number is not tracking but is a conformation of delivery code. If the item has been delivered to you or a neighbour then the tracking shows something otherwise it won't. If the item is needed urgently then pay for the courier/special delivery. in the case of the items recorded as delivered but you claim non delivery or delivery attempted but parcel never available for collection no refund or replacement goods are possible. R24 is not a tracked or insured service. We are only liable if delivery never happens. We wait 30 days before declaring am item lost. If this is not acceptable to you then pay for Special Delivery which is tracked and insured. We are not longer taking the hit for lost items because you want to spend less on postage.
- For a £7 surcharge, a next day (not sunday) tracked service (from dispatch) with Royal mail special delivery is used. You get an hour delivery slot by text. It's a fine service and worth the money. This only works for items up to 2kg. beyond that it gets very expensive and Parcel Force 24 tracked is used. This is fully insured service so in the event of non delivery a claim is possible.
- Rims are sent by courier only- cost £10. UPS is used. A phone number and email address must be supplied to allow me to book in. This service can also be picked for smaller items that you want delivered by UPS.
- Wheels shipping cost is £15 (cost of courier + cost of the box) next day. To NI, Scottish Islands, Channel Islands, Isle of Man and that is a two day service.
Due to the disruption in postal services during 2020, misdeliveries, customs issues and long delays all overseas shipping is now with UPS or Parcel Force. Parcel mass and destination affect price. So the following applies. I do not offer cheaper slower mail services anymore. Please don't ask as it means you have not read this page. There is no circumstance where i will use a cheaper service.
The website will provide shipping rates at checkout.
The import charges you will face are and these will be levied by the shipping carrier or by your customs authority in advance of delivery. Customs clearance will add to shipping times.
You will be billed for
Import duties which are set by the tarrif code we declare. Tarrif rates are normally published on government websites. "Free trade agreements" affect this and for EU customers there are no duties as tarrifs are set at zero for goods like our wheels that originate in the U.K. Goods that originate in the E.U and are exported back yo the E.U attract tarriffs. Good made outside the e.u and sold into the E.U attract tarrifs. The declared value in GDP will be converted to your countries currency by the monthly rate published by your tax authority.
Customs clearance fees -these vary from country to country and also vary by declared value in some juristictions.
VAT or sales taxes and applied to the total of the declared value of goods, customs clearance charges and import duties.
This shop declares the total paid for the goods for customs value, no exceptions. We will not declare low values as thats fraud and we will not be party to it.