Kinlin are a Taiwanese manufacturer of bicycle rims and they are very good at it too. There rims often get rebranded but here they are with no decals, excetpt the 20H and 24H asymmetric rims.
The XR31T 650B is a 415g rim that is 24mm wide (19mm internal width) 31mm deep and is therefore an aerodynamic alloy clincher rim that is also tubeless tyre compatible. It's width and depth make it very stiff allowing lower spoke counts. Better still there is an offset drilling option so rear wheels get a better tension balance. The rims are round and flat in fact out of all the rims brands I stock these are the most consistent. Tension limit 1200N.
The symmetric rim brake rim is for front wheels and the asymmetric rim brake rim is for rear wheels. Spoke length for the asymmetric rim are unchanged.
Kinlin use a KLM41 aluminium alloy (niobium is one of the alloying elements) to create a very round and flat rim. It has a thick spoke nipple bed so is fine for any rider.
The rims is more than suitable for road riding or racing or CX use and those that just want to ride can all use this rim. I am actually struggling to find anything I don't like about.
- ERD 541mm
- Width 24mm
- Internal Width 19mm
- Depth 31mm
- Sleeve joined
- 650B/584mm (ERTRO)
- Offset for asymmetric rim 3mm
- Black or polsihed silver
COVID 19 update. Overseas shipping is now with a courier only. UPS or Parcel force.
Orders placed in the afternoon normally get sent the next workday where possible. Orders placed before noon are often sent the same day but this is not guaranteed. Priority is given to Royal Mail Special delivery items always.
Same day disptach is not guaranteed due to volume of mail order. In general we are not operating with big delays in dispatch if any.
- Standard shipping is with Royal Mail using there 24 service. Cost £3. This is not a guaranteed service and takes 1-7 days normally but can be longer. The tracking number is not tracking but is a conformation of delivery code. If the item has been delivered to you or a neighbour then the tracking shows something otherwise it won't. If the item is needed urgently then pay for the courier/special delivery.
- For a £7 surcharge, a next day (not sunday) tracked service (from dispatch) with Royal mail special delivery is used. You get an hour delivery slot by text. It's a fine service and worth the money. This only works for items up to 2kg. beyond that it gets very expensive and Parcel Force 24 tracked is used.
- Rims are sent by courier only- cost £10. UPS is used. A phone number and email address must be supplied to allow me to book in. This service can also be picked for smaller items that you want delivered by UPS.
- Wheels shipping cost is £15 (cost of courier + cost of the box) next day. To NI, Scottish Islands, Channel Islands, Isle of Man and that is a two day service.
Due to the disruption in postal services during 2020, misdeliveries, customs issues and long delays all overseas shipping is now with UPS or Parcel Force. Parcel mass and destination affect price. So the following applies. I do not offer cheaper slower mail services anymore. Please don't ask as it means you have not read this page. There is no circumstance where i will use a cheaper service.
The website will provide shipping rates and estimated delivery's times for the services offered at checkout.
The import charges you will face are and these will be levied by the shipping carrier or by your customs authority in advance of delivery. Customs clearance will add to shipping times. Carrier like UPS operate there own customs in line with the deliveries countries laws in most jurisdictions and will bill you directly.
You will be billed for
Import duties which are set by the tarrif code i declare. Most cycling goods have a tarrif rate of 4.7%. Clothing however has higher duty rates, socks face a WTO tarrif rate of 12%. Free trade agreements affect this and for EU customers there are no duties as tarrifs are set at zero. The declared value in GDP will be converted to your countries currency by the monthly rate published by your tax authority.
Customs clearance fees -these vary from country to country and also vary by declared value in some juristictions.
VAT or sales taxes and applied to the total of the declared value of goods, customs clearance charges and import duties.
This shop declares the total paid for the goods for customs value, no exceptions. We will not declare low values as thats fraud and we will not be party to it.