The BORG31 light is a lighter version of the BORG31. The wheelset is very stiff and based on a wide tubeless compatible rim.
- A robust all weather wheelset.
- 31mm deep and 24mm wide.
- 24mm wide tubeless tyre ready rims.
- Reliable SKF cartridge bearing hubs.
- Stiff yet comfortable.
- Sapim aero spokes.
- Shimano 11speed, Campagnolo 11/12 speed or XDR 12 speed freehub.
- Life if the rim warranty.
- Weight 1500g.
These wheels are very stiff but are comfortable. They will provide secure handling and you will enjoy them. The Cycle Clinic recommends you pick one of the IRC tubeless tyres or other tubeless tyres sold on the website which we will fit for you and provide all the guidance and support you need to start using tubeless tyres. IRC tyres are the best I have tried so far and that why I distribute them.
There are two options
- 20F/24R with Carbon Ti hubs weight limit 90kg but its not strict. How tourideis more important. If yours wheel masher then pick the standard BORG31.
The Carbon Ti hubs are very light but reliable. For winter use the standard BORG31 is better bet as the bearings in that are bigger and the wheelset is cheaper. Winter is hard on wheels well it is in the U.K.
The spokes used for options are black straight pull Sapim Cx-ray for the front and Sapim CX sprint for the rear wheel and with black alloy SILS (self locking nipples). A corrosion inhibitor is used to stop the nipples seizing and this prevents failure. Spoke nipple washers are also used. Lacing is radial front and non drive side rear. Drive side rear is laced 2x.
The hubs have a 17mm aluminium alloy axle front and rear andmm alloy axle for the front hub. There are 3x 6803 SKF and 1x 6903 SKF bearings in the rear hub/freehub so they are reliable hubs. Freehubs are easily swapped between Campagnolo, Shimanoand XDR.
Freehub bodies are available from The Cycle Clinic (if fact all hub spares are) but bearings in the freehub can be replaced. Freehubs are 8/9/10/11 speed compatible (Campagnoloand XDR freehubs will take a 12 speed cassette). Miche hubs use a simple bearing preload system with a locking collar for easy adjustment.
Simply a reliable wheelset for all fast riding that stiff and responsive.
The Cycle Clinic is a stockist/importer of IRC tubeless and clincher (tubed) tyres. You can opt for any IRC tyres to be fitted to your wheels. Other brands are stocked too, and if you buy tyres of this shop I will fit them and set them up with Maxalami Sealant. Please note if you buy tubed tyres buy tubes also. Below are links to the tubeless tyres and IRC tubed tyres stocked.
Continental GP5000TL 25mm, 28mm or 32mm
IRC Aspite Pro Dry clincher 24mm or 26mm (for use with tinner tubes)
IRC Roadlite X guard 25 mm tyres (for use with tubes).
IRC Jetty 23mm, 25mm or 28mm (for use with inner tubes)
If you buy any tyre (with tubes if applicable) I will fit them for you to your wheels.
Wheel set weight bare with the;
20F/24R carbon Ti hubs is 1480g,
Black hubs assumed. If you want coloured hubs colours ask.
What you get
- Wheelset front and rear with Sapim CX- ray aero spokes
- tubeless rim tape
- Borg black alloy tubeless valves
- No Q/R's skewers light weight Carbon Ti Skewers can be bought separately.
- IRC tubeless tyre levers (useful for fitting tubeless tyres)
- The best guarantee (for the life of the rim against spoke failure and anything that could be termed a defect) i.e. problems fixed at my cost not yours
- Spares back up.
Video of how to deal with tubeless punctures that wont seal.
Other thing to buy with this wheelset