The BORG31 light is a lighter version of the BORG31. The wheelset is very stiff and based on a wide tubeless compatible rim.
- A robust all weather wheelset.
- 31mm deep and 24mm wide.
- 24mm wide tubeless tyre ready rims.
- Reliable SKF cartridge bearing hubs.
- Stiff yet comfortable.
- Sapim aero spokes.
- Shimano 11speed, Campagnolo 11/12 speed or XDR 12 speed freehub.
- Life if the rim warranty.
- Weight 1470g.
These wheels are very stiff but are comfortable. They will provide secure handling and you will enjoy them. The Cycle Clinic recommends you pick one of the IRC tubeless tyres or other tubeless tyres sold on the website which we will fit for you and provide all the guidance and support you need to start using tubeless tyres. IRC tyres are the best I have tried so far and that why I distribute them.
There are two options
- 20F/24R with Carbon Ti hubs weight limit 90kg but its not strict. How you ride is more important. If your a wheel masher then pick the standard BORG31.
The Carbon Ti hubs are very light but reliable. For winter use the standard BORG31 is better bet as the bearings in that are bigger and the wheelset is cheaper. Winter is hard on wheels well it is in the U.K.
The spokes used for options are black straight pull Sapim Cx-ray for the front and Sapim CX sprint for the rear wheel and with black alloy SILS (self locking nipples). A corrosion inhibitor is used to stop the nipples seizing and this prevents failure. Spoke nipple washers are also used. Lacing is radial front and non drive side rear. Drive side rear is laced 2x.
The hubs have a 17mm aluminium alloy axle front and rear andmm alloy axle for the front hub. There are 3x 6803 SKF and 1x 6903 SKF bearings in the rear hub/freehub so they are reliable hubs. Freehubs are easily swapped between Campagnolo, Shimanoand XDR.
Freehub bodies are available from The Cycle Clinic (if fact all hub spares are) but bearings in the freehub can be replaced. Freehubs are 8/9/10/11 speed compatible (Campagnoloand XDR freehubs will take a 12 speed cassette). Miche hubs use a simple bearing preload system with a locking collar for easy adjustment.
Simply a reliable wheelset for all fast riding that stiff and responsive.
The Cycle Clinic is a stockist/importer of IRC tubeless and clincher (tubed) tyres. You can opt for any IRC tyres to be fitted to your wheels. Other brands are stocked too, and if you buy tyres of this shop I will fit them and set them up with Maxalami Sealant. Please note if you buy tubed tyres buy tubes also. Below are links to the tubeless tyres and IRC tubed tyres stocked.
Continental GP5000TL 25mm, 28mm or 32mm
IRC Aspite RBCC clincher 24mm or 26mm (for use with inner tubes)
IRC Roadlite X guard 25 mm tyres (for use with tubes).
IRC Jetty 23mm, 25mm or 28mm (for use with inner tubes)
If you buy any tyre (with tubes if applicable) I will fit them for you to your wheels.
Wheel set weight bare with the;
20F/24R carbon Ti hubs is 1470g,
Black hubs assumed. If you want coloured hubs colours ask.
What you get
- Wheelset front and rear with Sapim CX- ray aero spokes
- tubeless rim tape
- Borg black alloy tubeless valves
- No Q/R's skewers light weight Carbon Ti Skewers can be bought separately.
- IRC tubeless tyre levers (useful for fitting tubeless tyres)
- The best guarantee (for the life of the rim against spoke failure and anything that could be termed a defect) i.e. problems fixed at my cost not yours
- Spares back up.
Video of how to deal with tubeless punctures that wont seal.
Other thing to buy with this wheelset
COVID 19 update. Overseas shipping is now with a courier only. UPS or Parcel force.
Orders placed in the afternoon normally get sent the next workday where possible. Orders placed before noon are often sent the same day but this is not guaranteed. Priority is given to Royal Mail Special delivery items always.
Same day disptach is not guaranteed due to volume of mail order. In general we are not operating with big delays in dispatch if any.
- Standard shipping is with Royal Mail using there 24 service. Cost £3. This is not a guaranteed service and takes 1-7 days normally but can be longer. The tracking number is not tracking but is a conformation of delivery code. If the item has been delivered to you or a neighbour then the tracking shows something otherwise it won't. If the item is needed urgently then pay for the courier/special delivery. in the case of the items recorded as delivered but you claim non delivery or delivery attempted but parcel never available for collection no refund or replacement goods are possible. R24 is not a tracked or insured service. We are only liable if delivery never happens. We wait 30 days before declaring am item lost. If this is not acceptable to you then pay for Special Delivery which is tracked and insured. We are not longer taking the hit for lost items because you want to spend less on postage.
- For a £7 surcharge, a next day (not sunday) tracked service (from dispatch) with Royal mail special delivery is used. You get an hour delivery slot by text. It's a fine service and worth the money. This only works for items up to 2kg. beyond that it gets very expensive and Parcel Force 24 tracked is used. This is fully insured service so in the event of non delivery a claim is possible.
- Rims are sent by courier only- cost £10. UPS is used. A phone number and email address must be supplied to allow me to book in. This service can also be picked for smaller items that you want delivered by UPS.
- Wheels shipping cost is £15 (cost of courier + cost of the box) next day. To NI, Scottish Islands, Channel Islands, Isle of Man and that is a two day service.
Due to the disruption in postal services during 2020, misdeliveries, customs issues and long delays all overseas shipping is now with UPS or Parcel Force. Parcel mass and destination affect price. So the following applies. I do not offer cheaper slower mail services anymore. Please don't ask as it means you have not read this page. There is no circumstance where i will use a cheaper service.
The website will provide shipping rates at checkout.
The import charges you will face are and these will be levied by the shipping carrier or by your customs authority in advance of delivery. Customs clearance will add to shipping times.
You will be billed for
Import duties which are set by the tarrif code we declare. Tarrif rates are normally published on government websites. "Free trade agreements" affect this and for EU customers there are no duties as tarrifs are set at zero for goods like our wheels that originate in the U.K. Goods that originate in the E.U and are exported back yo the E.U attract tarriffs. Good made outside the e.u and sold into the E.U attract tarrifs. The declared value in GDP will be converted to your countries currency by the monthly rate published by your tax authority.
Customs clearance fees -these vary from country to country and also vary by declared value in some juristictions.
VAT or sales taxes and applied to the total of the declared value of goods, customs clearance charges and import duties.
This shop declares the total paid for the goods for customs value, no exceptions. We will not declare low values as thats fraud and we will not be party to it.