The BORG31 light is a lighter version of the BORG31. The wheelset is very stiff and based on a wide tubeless compatible rim.
- A robust all weather wheelset.
- 31mm deep and 24mm wide.
- 24mm wide tubeless tyre ready rims.
- Reliable SKF cartridge bearing hubs.
- Stiff yet comfortable.
- Sapim aero spokes.
- Shimano 11speed, Campagnolo 11/12 speed or XDR 12 speed freehub.
- Life if the rim warranty.
- Weight 1500g.
These wheels are very stiff but are comfortable. They will provide secure handling and you will enjoy them. The Cycle Clinic recommends you pick one of the IRC tubeless tyres or other tubeless tyres sold on the website which we will fit for you and provide all the guidance and support you need to start using tubeless tyres. IRC tyres are the best I have tried so far and that why I distribute them.
There are two options
- 20F/24R with Carbon Ti hubs weight limit 90kg but its not strict. How tourideis more important. If yours wheel masher then pick the standard BORG31.
The Carbon Ti hubs are very light but reliable. For winter use the standard BORG31 is better bet as the bearings in that are bigger and the wheelset is cheaper. Winter is hard on wheels well it is in the U.K.
The spokes used for options are black straight pull Sapim Cx-ray for the front and Sapim CX sprint for the rear wheel and with black alloy SILS (self locking nipples). A corrosion inhibitor is used to stop the nipples seizing and this prevents failure. Spoke nipple washers are also used. Lacing is radial front and non drive side rear. Drive side rear is laced 2x.
The hubs have a 17mm aluminium alloy axle front and rear andmm alloy axle for the front hub. There are 3x 6803 SKF and 1x 6903 SKF bearings in the rear hub/freehub so they are reliable hubs. Freehubs are easily swapped between Campagnolo, Shimanoand XDR.
Freehub bodies are available from The Cycle Clinic (if fact all hub spares are) but bearings in the freehub can be replaced. Freehubs are 8/9/10/11 speed compatible (Campagnoloand XDR freehubs will take a 12 speed cassette). Miche hubs use a simple bearing preload system with a locking collar for easy adjustment.
Simply a reliable wheelset for all fast riding that stiff and responsive.
The Cycle Clinic is a stockist/importer of IRC tubeless and clincher (tubed) tyres. You can opt for any IRC tyres to be fitted to your wheels. Other brands are stocked too, and if you buy tyres of this shop I will fit them and set them up with Maxalami Sealant. Please note if you buy tubed tyres buy tubes also. Below are links to the tubeless tyres and IRC tubed tyres stocked.
Continental GP5000TL 25mm, 28mm or 32mm
IRC Aspite Pro Dry clincher 24mm or 26mm (for use with tinner tubes)
IRC Roadlite X guard 25 mm tyres (for use with tubes).
IRC Jetty 23mm, 25mm or 28mm (for use with inner tubes)
If you buy any tyre (with tubes if applicable) I will fit them for you to your wheels.
Wheel set weight bare with the;
20F/24R carbon Ti hubs is 1480g,
Black hubs assumed. If you want coloured hubs colours ask.
What you get
- Wheelset front and rear with Sapim CX- ray aero spokes
- tubeless rim tape
- Borg black alloy tubeless valves
- No Q/R's skewers light weight Carbon Ti Skewers can be bought separately.
- IRC tubeless tyre levers (useful for fitting tubeless tyres)
- The best guarantee (for the life of the rim against spoke failure and anything that could be termed a defect) i.e. problems fixed at my cost not yours
- Spares back up.
Video of how to deal with tubeless punctures that wont seal.
Other thing to buy with this wheelset
COVID 19 update. Overseas shipping is now with a courier only. UPS or Parcel force.
Orders placed in the afternoon normally get sent the next workday where possible. Orders placed before noon are often sent the same day but this is not guaranteed. Priority is given to Royal Mail Special delivery items always.
Same day disptach is not guaranteed due to volume of mail order. In general we are not operating with big delays in dispatch if any.
- Standard shipping is with Royal Mail using there 24 service. Cost £3. This is not a guaranteed service and takes 1-2 days normally but can be longer. The tracking number is not tracking but is a conformation of delivery code. If the item has been delivered to you or a neighbour then the tracking shows something otherwise it won't. If the item is needed urgently then pay for the courier/special delivery.
- For a £7 surcharge, a next day (not sunday) tracked service (from dispatch) with Royal mail special delivery is used. You get an hour delivery slot by text. It's a fine service and worth the money. This only works for items up to 2kg. beyond that it gets very expensive and Parcel Force 24 tracked is used.
- Rims are sent by courier only cost £10. Next working day service with Parcel Force. A phone number and email address must be supplied to allow me to book in. This service can also be picked for smaller items that you want delivered by Parcel Force.
- Wheels shipping cost is £15 (cost of courier + cost of the box) next day. To NI, Scottish Islands, Channel Islands, Isle of Man and that is a two day service. a surcharge
Due to the disruption in postal service, misdeliveries, customs issues and long delays all overseas shipping is now with UPS/Parcelfocre shipping, weight and destination affect price. So the following applies.
UPS is apply a £5 surcharge to all parcel picked up from 1st November to 1st January. This cost is passed onto you.
E.U countries that I ship to regularly.
Parcel Force shipping is used for a number of European countries. The price is the same for up 25kg. There is not a small parcel rate with Parcel Force. If your country is one of those then checkout is simple.Just checkout and pay. Parcel force offer a road freight service to most of Europe and it takes 2 to 5 days depending on the destination. UPS is also available on request.
Other E.U nations/outside EU customers a will see UPS rates.
However if the rate maybe wrong and the UPS rates assume a small E2 jiffy bag suitable for many small items. This if course does not apply for bigger items or multiples purchases. Quotes are available. Simply registering the website with you address e.t.c and I will provide full quote.
Therefore contact the shop for a shipping quote. Your registered shipping address will used for the UPS quote.
VAT will be removed as well and a new invoice issued. If payment has already been made a refund for excess payment will be issued.
For outside E.U customers the following applies. The order value is with VAT. VAT is 20% so order total for the parts/6 = VAT amount.
Then add the UPS shipping amount. The true amount may differ. the VAT is used if you have under paid if more is due then we will let you know. If you have over paid I will work out what and refund you.