Weight weenie gravel riders look away now. Or look and fall over.
What we have here is a robust gravel orientated wheelset.
The rims are 30mm wide and 31mm deep. The internal width is 25mm. This means the minium tyre width is 40mm. Max tyre width is around 65mm. You could use these wheels for XC racing. Maybe you should.
The rim is tubeless compatible meeting ETRTO standards. Therefore the wheels are supplied tubeless ready.
- 30mm wide tubeless ready gravel/XC wheelset
- 30mm deep
- 28 spoke front and rear
- Shimano 8/9/10/11 speed, Campagnolo 9/10/11/12 speed, SRAM XDR 12 speed, Campagnolo EKAR 13 speed and Shimano Microspline 12 speed freehub bodies.
- 142x12mm/100x12mm spacing
The hubs used are my BORG DX. Why BORG DX hubs? Well, I have had Miche make these in 24H, 28H, and 32H drillings. They are a large flange design because large flange hub reduces the braking loads on the spokes compared to small flange designs. SKF supply the bearings for the BORG DX hub. The front hub has 2x 6803 bearings and the rear hub has 1x 6803 non-drive side and 2x 6803 drive side. The freehub body has 2x 6803 bearing. The same high-grade bearings are used throughout the hub. All spares down to the ratchet ring are available. Simply I have had these hubs made without compromise.
Every freehub is available - five now. Shimano 8/9/10/11 speed, Campagnolo 9/10/11/12 speed, SRAM XDR 12 speed, Campagnolo EKAR 13 speed and Shimano Microspline 12 speed freehub bodies.
Wheels supplied for 142x12mm/100×12mm TA.
Spokes are Sapim Force with black alloy nipples.
Weight is an anti weenie 1925g.
These wheels will take you on adventures and back to normality again time and time again.
Pair with IRC or WTB gravel tyres or IRC MTB tyres.
IRC Boken 40mm 700c
IRC Boken plus 42mm or 47mm 650B
IRC Mythos 2.25" ×650B/ 2.1"×700c
IRC Serac XC 2.25" ×650B/ 2.1"×700c
IRC Stingo XC 650B/ 2.0"×700c
IRC Marbella 2.25" ×650B/ 2.25"×700c
WTB Resolute 42mm 650B, 700C
WTB Sendero 42mm 47mm 650B
WTB byways 47mm 650B
WTB Horizon 47mm 650B
- Front and rear wheelset
- Sapim spokes
- Tubeless ready but tubed tyre compatible rim.
- Single sided fixed, double sided fixed or fixed free rear hub.
- Classic large flange design
- Life of the rim warranty.
- Mass 1840g
COVID 19 update. Overseas shipping is now with a courier only. UPS or Parcel force.
Orders placed in the afternoon normally get sent the next workday where possible. Orders placed before noon are often sent the same day but this is not guaranteed. Priority is given to Royal Mail Special delivery items always.
Same day disptach is not guaranteed due to volume of mail order. In general we are not operating with big delays in dispatch if any.
- Standard shipping is with Royal Mail using there 24 service. Cost £3. This is not a guaranteed service and takes 1-7 days normally but can be longer. The tracking number is not tracking but is a conformation of delivery code. If the item has been delivered to you or a neighbour then the tracking shows something otherwise it won't. If the item is needed urgently then pay for the courier/special delivery. in the case of the items recorded as delivered but you claim non delivery or delivery attempted but parcel never available for collection no refund or replacement goods are possible. R24 is not a tracked or insured service. We are only liable if delivery never happens. We wait 30 days before declaring am item lost. If this is not acceptable to you then pay for Special Delivery which is tracked and insured. We are not longer taking the hit for lost items because you want to spend less on postage.
- For a £7 surcharge, a next day (not sunday) tracked service (from dispatch) with Royal mail special delivery is used. You get an hour delivery slot by text. It's a fine service and worth the money. This only works for items up to 2kg. beyond that it gets very expensive and Parcel Force 24 tracked is used. This is fully insured service so in the event of non delivery a claim is possible.
- Rims are sent by courier only- cost £10. UPS is used. A phone number and email address must be supplied to allow me to book in. This service can also be picked for smaller items that you want delivered by UPS.
- Wheels shipping cost is £15 (cost of courier + cost of the box) next day. To NI, Scottish Islands, Channel Islands, Isle of Man and that is a two day service.
Due to the disruption in postal services during 2020, misdeliveries, customs issues and long delays all overseas shipping is now with Royal Mail Internation al Tracked and Signed (europe only) and UPS or Parcel Force tracked services. Parcel mass and destination affect price. So the following applies. I do not offer cheaper slower mail services anymore. Please don't ask as it means you have not read this page. There is no circumstance where i will use a cheaper service.
The website will provide shipping rates at checkout.
The import charges you will face are and these will be levied by the shipping carrier or by your customs authority in advance of delivery. Customs clearance will add to shipping times.
You will be billed for
Import duties which are set by the tarrif code we declare. Tarrif rates are normally published on government websites. "Free trade agreements" affect this and for EU customers there are no duties as tarrifs are set at zero for goods like our wheels that originate in the U.K. Goods that originate in the E.U and are exported back yo the E.U attract tarriffs. Good made outside the e.u and sold into the E.U attract tarrifs. The declared value in GDP will be converted to your countries currency by the monthly rate published by your tax authority.
Customs clearance fees -these vary from country to country and also vary by declared value in some juristictions.
VAT or sales taxes and applied to the total of the declared value of goods, customs clearance charges and import duties.
This shop declares the total paid for the goods for customs value, no exceptions. We will not declare low values as thats fraud and we will not be party to it.