The new mechanical Ergopower Super Record 12x2 Speed Rim Brake controls: ergonomics, comfort, control, precision.
The new mechanical Ergopower Super Record 12x2 Speed Rim Brake controls offer an important new feature: two brake lever positions that allow riders to choose the lever-handlebar distance that is most suited to the size of their hand. It does so whilst keeping braking efficiency constant the new angle of the up-shifting lever that prevents any possible contact with the curve of the handlebar. The position of the lever is adjusted by acting directly on the controls in a simple and safe manner.
The Vari-Cushion technology offers an ergonomic, comfortable and safe support and grip, ideal for riders who are in the saddle for many hours. The innards of the controls boast a concentration of technologies and experience, starting with the "one lever-one action" feature that assigns one function to each lever in order to prevent shifting errors when tired or distracted. This is followed by the option for multiple shifting that enables upshifting up to 3 sprockets at a time and downshifting up to 5 through the Ultra-Shift mechanism. The new Super Record 12x2 Speed Rim Brake levers introduce a double curvature to improve grip, the Super Records blades are lightened by three slots.
Features & Benefits
- Comfortable body: The controls enable a solid, safe grip when pedalling out of the saddle or gripping high on the handlebar.
- Rapid shifting: Immediate shifting engagement enables activating the front derailleur with minimum effort and in any hand position on the bar.
- Multiple action: An unplanned ascent, a sudden jerk: it takes barely a moment to find the right ratio owing to the multiple action of the controls.
- Ergonomic: The shape of the body and the possibility to adjust the reach enable all cyclists to use these controls, regardless of the size of their hands or fingers.
- Upshifting Lever Integration: More space under the control body when gripping the Ergopower control.
- Customisable ergonomics, 3 levels of reach adjustment.
- Vari-Cushion hood, different thicknesses allowing for greater grip, comfort and water dispersion.
- Upgraded brake lever: the result of meticulous studies (double curve brake lever, new form outward curve).
- Breaking lever pivot aligned with slant of ergo power, more efficient power transfer requiring less energy from riders hand
- Maximum Smoothness Cables: new cable set maintains exceptional smoothness far beyond those of the competition, maximum performance longevity
- Completely redesigned internals for perfect compatibility with new rear derailleur
- Ultra-Shift System, Up to 5 sprockets in downshifting, up to 3 in upshifting.
- Enlarged shifting paddles, for instant reaction access
COVID 19 update. Overseas shipping is now with a courier only. UPS or Parcel force.
Orders placed in the afternoon normally get sent the next workday where possible. Orders placed before noon are often sent the same day but this is not guaranteed. Priority is given to Royal Mail Special delivery items always.
Same day disptach is not guaranteed due to volume of mail order. In general we are not operating with big delays in dispatch if any.
- Standard shipping is with Royal Mail using there 24 service. Cost £3. This is not a guaranteed service and takes 1-7 days normally but can be longer. The tracking number is not tracking but is a conformation of delivery code. If the item has been delivered to you or a neighbour then the tracking shows something otherwise it won't. If the item is needed urgently then pay for the courier/special delivery. in the case of the items recorded as delivered but you claim non delivery or delivery attempted but parcel never available for collection no refund or replacement goods are possible. R24 is not a tracked or insured service. We are only liable if delivery never happens. We wait 30 days before declaring am item lost. If this is not acceptable to you then pay for Special Delivery which is tracked and insured. We are not longer taking the hit for lost items because you want to spend less on postage.
- For a £7 surcharge, a next day (not sunday) tracked service (from dispatch) with Royal mail special delivery is used. You get an hour delivery slot by text. It's a fine service and worth the money. This only works for items up to 2kg. beyond that it gets very expensive and Parcel Force 24 tracked is used. This is fully insured service so in the event of non delivery a claim is possible.
- Rims are sent by courier only- cost £10. UPS is used. A phone number and email address must be supplied to allow me to book in. This service can also be picked for smaller items that you want delivered by UPS.
- Wheels shipping cost is £15 (cost of courier + cost of the box) next day. To NI, Scottish Islands, Channel Islands, Isle of Man and that is a two day service.
Due to the disruption in postal services during 2020, misdeliveries, customs issues and long delays all overseas shipping is now with Royal Mail Internation al Tracked and Signed (europe only) and UPS or Parcel Force tracked services. Parcel mass and destination affect price. So the following applies. I do not offer cheaper slower mail services anymore. Please don't ask as it means you have not read this page. There is no circumstance where i will use a cheaper service.
The website will provide shipping rates at checkout.
The import charges you will face are and these will be levied by the shipping carrier or by your customs authority in advance of delivery. Customs clearance will add to shipping times.
You will be billed for
Import duties which are set by the tarrif code we declare. Tarrif rates are normally published on government websites. "Free trade agreements" affect this and for EU customers there are no duties as tarrifs are set at zero for goods like our wheels that originate in the U.K. Goods that originate in the E.U and are exported back yo the E.U attract tarriffs. Good made outside the e.u and sold into the E.U attract tarrifs. The declared value in GDP will be converted to your countries currency by the monthly rate published by your tax authority.
Customs clearance fees -these vary from country to country and also vary by declared value in some juristictions.
VAT or sales taxes and applied to the total of the declared value of goods, customs clearance charges and import duties.
This shop declares the total paid for the goods for customs value, no exceptions. We will not declare low values as thats fraud and we will not be party to it.