This wheelset is built for all riders using Sapim spokes. It is low cost wheelset that comes with my usual guarantee for the life of the rims against fatigue spoke failure. If I am to put a weight limit on it it is 120kg.
The DT Swiss R460 rims has a robust rim for tubed tyres. While DT Swiss describe it as tubeless compatible, I don't. A tubeless tyre fitted to it will seat and seal but you may have difficulty inflating and without a bead lock feature in the rim the tyre will probably unseat if you loose air. This means I supply this wheelset with velox cloth rim tape.
The rim is 23mm wide and 23mm deep. It is suitable for tyre from 23mm to 40 mm.
This allow me to offer a low cost wheelset. Two hubsets are offered in silver.
1) Shimano Tiagra RS400 silver hubs - 32H low cost 8/9/10/11 speed hubs with good sized ball bearings that if your service will out last the rim. If you want to improve long term reliability replace the ball bearings with grade 10 chrome steel balls and use Rock n Roll super web grease. That can be done at the first service and costs not alot.
2) Novatec A171/F172 silver hubs - these are offered in 32H drilling (lower spoke counts are available) with a Campagnolo 9/10/11/12 speed or Shimano 8/9/10/11 speed freehub bodies. These are cartridge bearing hubs where replacement bearings cost £5. They are 120g lighter than the Tiagra hubs but the reason to pick them is for Campagnolo freehub compatability. Black hubs can be substituted at no extra cost.
The spokes used are silver sapim race. Weight is around 1935g with the Tiagra hubs and 1815g with the novatec hubs
COVID 19 update. Overseas shipping is now with a courier only. UPS or Parcel force.
Orders placed in the afternoon normally get sent the next workday where possible. Orders placed before noon are often sent the same day but this is not guaranteed. Priority is given to Royal Mail Special delivery items always.
Same day disptach is not guaranteed due to volume of mail order. In general we are not operating with big delays in dispatch if any.
- Standard shipping is with Royal Mail using there 24 service. Cost £3. This is not a guaranteed service and takes 1-2 days normally but can be longer. The tracking number is not tracking but is a conformation of delivery code. If the item has been delivered to you or a neighbour then the tracking shows something otherwise it won't. If the item is needed urgently then pay for the courier/special delivery.
- For a £7 surcharge, a next day (not sunday) tracked service (from dispatch) with Royal mail special delivery is used. You get an hour delivery slot by text. It's a fine service and worth the money. This only works for items up to 2kg. beyond that it gets very expensive and Parcel Force 24 tracked is used.
- Rims are sent by courier only cost £10. Next working day service with Parcel Force. A phone number and email address must be supplied to allow me to book in. This service can also be picked for smaller items that you want delivered by Parcel Force.
- Wheels shipping cost is £15 (cost of courier + cost of the box) next day. To NI, Scottish Islands, Channel Islands, Isle of Man and that is a two day service. a surcharge
Due to the disruption in postal service, misdeliveries, customs issues and long delays all overseas shipping is now with UPS/Parcelfocre shipping, weight and destination affect price. So the following applies.
UPS is apply a £5 surcharge to all parcel picked up from 1st November to 1st January. This cost is passed onto you.
E.U countries that I ship to regularly.
Parcel Force shipping is used for a number of European countries. The price is the same for up 25kg. There is not a small parcel rate with Parcel Force. If your country is one of those then checkout is simple.Just checkout and pay. Parcel force offer a road freight service to most of Europe and it takes 2 to 5 days depending on the destination. UPS is also available on request.
Other E.U nations/outside EU customers a will see UPS rates.
However if the rate maybe wrong and the UPS rates assume a small E2 jiffy bag suitable for many small items. This if course does not apply for bigger items or multiples purchases. Quotes are available. Simply registering the website with you address e.t.c and I will provide full quote.
Therefore contact the shop for a shipping quote. Your registered shipping address will used for the UPS quote.
VAT will be removed as well and a new invoice issued. If payment has already been made a refund for excess payment will be issued.
For outside E.U customers the following applies. The order value is with VAT. VAT is 20% so order total for the parts/6 = VAT amount.
Then add the UPS shipping amount. The true amount may differ. the VAT is used if you have under paid if more is due then we will let you know. If you have over paid I will work out what and refund you.