The DT Swiss TK540 rim is a wide, double eyeleted tubeless compatible touring rim. It is not light at 560g but that what makes it good. It is a stiff rim and the build I offer is very stiff, which means long spoke life. The rim is available in rim brake and disc brake version.
This makes it ideal for touring, commuting or ebike use.
The rim brake wheels are built 32F/36R Sapim Race spokes front and Sapim Strong rear DS rear and sapim race NDS rear. Over built I know for some but not for those that what to load the rear rack with the kitchen sink or put the power of an electric motor through it. A 36 front can be done on request with sapim strong spokes if you like.
If black spokes are desired then for a £28 surcharge black Sapim Force spokes can be used.
Hubs used for the rim brake build are;
1) Shimano 8/9/10 speed road and 8/9/10/11 speed MTB XT T780 (silver) hubs for 135mm spaced rear triangles.
2) Shimano Ultegra 6800 (grey) hubs 11 speed compatible and for 130mm spaced road frames.
3) Miche Primato (black) hubs for Shimano 8/9/0/11 speed or Campagnolo 9/10/11 speed
The disc brake version is done 32F/32R because that is what is available with the disc brake TK540 rims. Given the black hubs black Sapim race spokes front and black sapim force triple butted spokes are used. Silver spokes on request.
Hubs on offer are;
1) Black Shimano XT DH-T8000 front centelock disc brake dynamo hub and XT M8000 rear hubs for 8/9/10 speed road or 8/9/10/11 speed MTB cassettes.
2) Black or Silver Shimano XT DH-T8000 front centrelock disc brake dynamo hub and Shimano Alfine 8 speed centrelock disc brake rear. Centrelock disc brake rotor mounts. Silver hubs will be assumed unless you specify black.
3) DT Swiss 350 hubs with centrelock or 6 bolt rotor fitting. Q/R end caps are assumed unless you specifiy. 8/9/10/11 speed MTB freehub assumed unless you specify a road freehub.
These wheels are simply practical for very high miles.