This wheelset is for purchase with a Campagnolo EKAR N3W freehub only.
Supplied with a N3W freehub only
There are many ways of interpreting something that - far from being a new trend enjoyed by the few - has become a different way of enjoying cycling chosen by many. For some, it represents a new way of putting themselves to the test, while for others, it is an alternative choice that offers a world of new possibilities. B-Road or "gravel" bikes are all this and more, and the Rapid Red 5 DB wheel has been designed and developed by Fulcrum for this kind of riding.
Whilst developing the Rapid Red 500 DB, Fulcrum's R&D department has brought together all the experience and technical expertise gained while creating racing bike wheels, drawing on this to design a model for use on surfaces other than tarmac.
Unpaved roads, paths and dirt tracks call for a wider inner channel - 23 mm in this instance - with a low, ultra-resistant 24 mm rim, to cushion blows and deliver superb ride comfort, regardless of the stresses to which it is exposed. The profile of the wheel enables tubeless ready tyres of between 33 and 46 mm to be fitted, with an extensive range of set-ups that can be adjusted in accordance with the type of tracks to be ridden. The 24 straight-head spokes are supported by a solid aluminium hub, ideal for tackling rough terrain and for taking the slightly higher weights of a bike that is ready to go on a journey.
Get ready to start dreaming about your next trip: check your equipment, get your lights ready, and take all the time you need. Your Rapid Red 500 DB wheels will be your faithful companion, comfortable and reliable, light and precise. This, fundamentally, means freedom.
- 700c gravel wheels
- 2-Way Fit, for clincher and tubeless tires
- 23mm inner rim width
- For 32 to 46mm wide tires
- AFS (Centerlock) disc brake mount
- Bearings: Sealed cartridge bearings
- front wheel: 12 or 15 x 100mm thru axle
- rear wheel: 10 x 142mm thru axle
COVID 19 update. Overseas shipping is now with a courier only. UPS or Parcel force.
Orders placed in the afternoon normally get sent the next workday where possible. Orders placed before noon are often sent the same day but this is not guaranteed. Priority is given to Royal Mail Special delivery items always.
Same day disptach is not guaranteed due to volume of mail order. In general we are not operating with big delays in dispatch if any.
- Standard shipping is with Royal Mail using there 24 service. Cost £3. This is not a guaranteed service and takes 1-7 days normally but can be longer. The tracking number is not tracking but is a conformation of delivery code. If the item has been delivered to you or a neighbour then the tracking shows something otherwise it won't. If the item is needed urgently then pay for the courier/special delivery.
- For a £7 surcharge, a next day (not sunday) tracked service (from dispatch) with Royal mail special delivery is used. You get an hour delivery slot by text. It's a fine service and worth the money. This only works for items up to 2kg. beyond that it gets very expensive and Parcel Force 24 tracked is used.
- Rims are sent by courier only- cost £10. UPS is used. A phone number and email address must be supplied to allow me to book in. This service can also be picked for smaller items that you want delivered by UPS.
- Wheels shipping cost is £15 (cost of courier + cost of the box) next day. To NI, Scottish Islands, Channel Islands, Isle of Man and that is a two day service.
Due to the disruption in postal services during 2020, misdeliveries, customs issues and long delays all overseas shipping is now with UPS or Parcel Force. Parcel mass and destination affect price. So the following applies. I do not offer cheaper slower mail services anymore. Please don't ask as it means you have not read this page. There is no circumstance where i will use a cheaper service.
The website will provide shipping rates and estimated delivery's times for the services offered at checkout.
The import charges you will face are and these will be levied by the shipping carrier or by your customs authority in advance of delivery. Customs clearance will add to shipping times. Carrier like UPS operate there own customs in line with the deliveries countries laws in most jurisdictions and will bill you directly.
You will be billed for
Import duties which are set by the tarrif code i declare. Most cycling goods have a tarrif rate of 4.7%. Clothing however has higher duty rates, socks face a WTO tarrif rate of 12%. Free trade agreements affect this and for EU customers there are no duties as tarrifs are set at zero. The declared value in GDP will be converted to your countries currency by the monthly rate published by your tax authority.
Customs clearance fees -these vary from country to country and also vary by declared value in some juristictions.
VAT or sales taxes and applied to the total of the declared value of goods, customs clearance charges and import duties.
This shop declares the total paid for the goods for customs value, no exceptions. We will not declare low values as thats fraud and we will not be party to it.