The Cycle Clinic loves the move to disc bakes for road bikes. This is a proper disc brake specific rim that is wide (25mm external 20mm internal), deep (27mm), aero (elipical profile) and stiff. This rim is perfect for road use or CX/gravel use. Tour on it, race literally one wheel can do it all. The rim is tubeless ready and the wheels are supplied with a tubeless kit.
The wheelset is offered in 28H drilling front and rear but 24H and 32H drilling can be built. I offer a limited range of hubset all 11 speed compatible. The hubs offered are reliable. Q/R skewers are included if applicable.
28H (24H and 32H on request) Miche Syntium Dx hubs with thru axle kits for 142x12mm rear and 100x15mm/100x12mm thru axle kits. Q/R front and rear is available just ask at checkout (add a note). The freehub can either be shimano 11 speed, Campagnolo 9/10/11 speed or SRAM XD driver. Disc mounting is for 6 bolt rotors and shimano 8/9/10 speed spacer included. The hubs use a 17mm alloy axle and the freehubs are kept in stock a spares. 6803 bearings are used in the main shell.
28H (or 32H) Shimano Ultegra RS770 centrelock 142x12/100x12mm thru axles shimano 10/11 speed spacer included. Excellent disc brake hubs from shimano with fantastic geometry..
28H (32H on request) Bitex B106F/106R hubs for centrelock rotors. The Bitex hub is an excellent piece of engineering using a 15mm rear axle and a myriad of end cap options. 1Q/R 100/135mm will be assumed unless you tell me otherwise but 100x9mm, 100x12mm, 100x15mm, 135x10mm, 135x12mm and 142x12mm are all available and can be converted to to these standard before dispatch. let me know at checkout which you want. Colours available also (silver, red, blue, purple and gold).
Carbon Ti hubs are also offered in 24H, 28H or 32H pairs. 28H is listed.
- 6 bolt rotor fitting
- Black, red, gold, green, silver, polished silver, blue. Black hubs will be assumed unless you tell me. silver spokes can be used as well. Just specify.
- Bearing preload adjusters front and rear
- 17mm alloy axles
- 4 pawl freehub
- Campagnolo, shimano and XD driver compatible
- Available with 100/135mm quick release, 100x12mm, 100x15mm or 142x12mm again tell me which you want.
- very light (303g/pair) but reliable hubs.
Spokes used are Sapim Cx-ray black spokes and black alloy nipples. A spoke prep that acts as a corrosion inhibitor is used to prevent corrosion. This also stops the wheels going out if true as it has a mild thread locking effect.
The wheels are supplied tubeless ready (valves, tape and IRC tubeless tyre levers). Wheels pictured are not supplied with tyres or disc rotors but these are available.
Lighter builds are only possible with lighter hubs
Weight of the 28H build with the Ultegra RS770 hubs is 1705g
Weight of the 28H spoke build with Miche Syntium hubs is 1655g
Weight of the 28H spoke build with DT swiss 350 hubs is 1635g
Weight of the 28H Carbon Ti build is 1515g
What you get
- Wheelset front and rear with aero spokes
- VAR tubeless rim tape
- VAR tubeless valves
- IRC tubeless tyre levers
- 100x12mm/142x12mm thru axle standard assumed but Q/R is available on all hu apart from the Shimano RS770
- The best guarantee (5 years or 10,000 miles) i.e. problems fixed at my cost not yours
- Crash replacement at cost of parts only no labour.