The HED Belgium G rim is specifically made for Gravel bikes. It has a wide foot print with an internal width of 25mm and external width of 30mm.
Its 24mm deep and unlike its sister rim the Belgium+ road rim it is properly tubeless compatible (i.e the tyre should stay seated when flat).
Therefore this wheelset provides you with the ability to ride any road anywhere in comfort and style.Highlights:
- A robust all weather wheelset.
- 650B or 700C size
- Reliable cartridge bearing hubs.
- Stiff yet comfortable.
- 30mm wide tubeless ready wheelset (tubed tyre compatible also).
- Triple butted Sapim spokes.
- Shimano 8/9/10/11speed, XDR 12 speed driver, Campagnolo 9/10/11/12 speed freehub or Campagnolo N3W 13 speed freehub.
- 100/135mm QR or 100*12/100*15mm, /142*12
- 16000 km warranty.
- Weight from 1615g (650B 28 spoke)
- Centrelock disc brake mounts.6 bolt adapter available here.
- Centrelock rotor lockring available here. Lockring for 15mm axled hubs must be used.
The 28 spoke wheelset gets black alloy nipples. The 32 spoke wheelset gets silver brass nipples
BORG DX with centrelock rotor mounts. Q/R, 100x12/15mm and 142x12mm compatible in any combination. 6 bolt adapters made by Miche are available. The rear hub is supplied with a Shimano external spline lockring. Freehub bodies for
- Shimano 8/9/10/11speed
- XDR 12 speed driver
- Campagnolo 9/10/11/12 speed freehub
- Campagnolo N3W 13 speed freehub.
The freehub has a titanium core/pawl seat springs with an aluminium alloy main body. The freehub has 3 spring loaded pawls and a 30T ratchet ring. It is advisable to re-grease the freehub mechanism with good grease like Rock n Roll Super Slick or Super Web to keep the hub quiet and to stop water ingress weakening the spring.
Why BORG DX hubs? Well, I have had Miche make these in 24H, 28H, and 32H drillings. They are a large flange design because large flange hub reduces the braking loads on the spokes compared to small flange designs. The bearings are not the normal ISO grade 0 or ABEC-5 that you find in many hubs even high-end ones. SKF supply the bearings for the BORG DX hub but these bearings have much tighter tolerances on the outer and inner diameters, the seals, the balls are to a much higher standard, even the grease is a special formulation. All this is designed to increase bearing longevity particular in wet weather operation. To get the longest life, pressure washing the hubs should be avoided and the cassette should be cleaned removed from the hub. The front hub has 2x 6803 bearings and the rear hub has 1x 6803 non-drive side and 2x 6803 drive side. The freehub body has 2x 6803 bearing. The same high-grade bearings are used throughout the hub. All spares down to the ratchet ring are available. Simply I have had these hubs made without compromise.
The rim is 423g for 650B size or 453g for 700C size in weight and is 25mm wide internally 30mm external width. It is 2rmm deep and is tubeless ready (tubeless rim tape is installed on every wheelset). Normal clinchers can be run of course.
The spoke and nipples are the last trick. Black Sapim Force triple butted 2.0/1.8/2.2mm (at the elbow where it matters) give long service life. The elbow being 2.2mm in diameter has 21% more cross-sectional area than a Sapim race or DT Swiss Competition spokes. What is not to like about that? The nipples used are black Sapim alloy nipples. Sapim nipples are reliable, nipples failures simply don't happen on my wheels. It's a warranty if or does.
So, in short, this wheelset uses all the tricks I know to create a stiff reasonably light but robust wheelset that will give you smiles for miles.
The Cycle Clinic is a stockist/importer of IRC tubeless and clincher (tubed) tyres. You can opt for any IRC tyres to be fitted to your wheels. Other brands are stocked too, and if you buy tyres of this shop we will fit them and set them up with Maxalami Sealant.
Min tyre width for this wheelset is 40mm max 65mm
WTB Byways TCS
WTB Resolute TCS
IRC E-Mirbo 2.25"
If you buy any tyre (with tubes if applicable) I will fit them for you to your wheels.
Mass with BORG DX hubs is 1615g for 650b 28 spoke wheels and 1770g for 32 spokes 700c wheels.
What you get
- 28F/28R or 32F/32R wheelset with black triple butted spokes and alloy or brass nipples
- Q/R or 142x12mm/100x12/15mm in any combination
- BORG tubeless valves and tubeless tape supplied.
- IRC tubeless tyre levers
- 5 year or 10,000 miles guarantee against spoke/nipple/rim/hub flange failure. The rims won't wear out so I can't do a guarantee for the life of the rim that might be a very long time.
See my notes on how to avoid freehub body notching
Other things to buy with this wheelset
COVID 19 update. Overseas shipping is now with a courier only. UPS or Parcel force.
Orders placed in the afternoon normally get sent the next workday where possible. Orders placed before noon are often sent the same day but this is not guaranteed. Priority is given to Royal Mail Special delivery items always.
Same day disptach is not guaranteed due to volume of mail order. In general we are not operating with big delays in dispatch if any.
- Standard shipping is with Royal Mail using there 24 service. Cost £3. This is not a guaranteed service and takes 1-7 days normally but can be longer. The tracking number is not tracking but is a conformation of delivery code. If the item has been delivered to you or a neighbour then the tracking shows something otherwise it won't. If the item is needed urgently then pay for the courier/special delivery.
- For a £7 surcharge, a next day (not sunday) tracked service (from dispatch) with Royal mail special delivery is used. You get an hour delivery slot by text. It's a fine service and worth the money. This only works for items up to 2kg. beyond that it gets very expensive and Parcel Force 24 tracked is used.
- Rims are sent by courier only- cost £10. UPS is used. A phone number and email address must be supplied to allow me to book in. This service can also be picked for smaller items that you want delivered by UPS.
- Wheels shipping cost is £15 (cost of courier + cost of the box) next day. To NI, Scottish Islands, Channel Islands, Isle of Man and that is a two day service.
Due to the disruption in postal services during 2020, misdeliveries, customs issues and long delays all overseas shipping is now with UPS or Parcel Force. Parcel mass and destination affect price. So the following applies. I do not offer cheaper slower mail services anymore. Please don't ask as it means you have not read this page. There is no circumstance where i will use a cheaper service.
The website will provide shipping rates and estimated delivery's times for the services offered at checkout.
The import charges you will face are and these will be levied by the shipping carrier or by your customs authority in advance of delivery. Customs clearance will add to shipping times. Carrier like UPS operate there own customs in line with the deliveries countries laws in most jurisdictions and will bill you directly.
You will be billed for
Import duties which are set by the tarrif code i declare. Most cycling goods have a tarrif rate of 4.7%. Clothing however has higher duty rates, socks face a WTO tarrif rate of 12%. Free trade agreements affect this and for EU customers there are no duties as tarrifs are set at zero. The declared value in GDP will be converted to your countries currency by the monthly rate published by your tax authority.
Customs clearance fees -these vary from country to country and also vary by declared value in some juristictions.
VAT or sales taxes and applied to the total of the declared value of goods, customs clearance charges and import duties.
This shop declares the total paid for the goods for customs value, no exceptions. We will not declare low values as thats fraud and we will not be party to it.