HED Belgium + rims are 25mm wide (20.5mm internal width) and 25mm deep. The rim is probably one of the best looking rim about today in my opinion anyway and if you reading this you may agree. The rim is very stiff too which is a good thing for spoke life. Rims this wide will give a very stable ride at speed in the bends or cobbles.
Hubs offered here are Royce mid flanfe front 24h and Venus rear 28h. Roulyce hubs are made in England. They use an alloy hub shell that highly polished then anodized to give a satin finish. This is a corrosion resistant finish. The bearings are 6001 in the rear hub from ntn. In the front hub its 6901 like in the freehub. The axle is stainless steel. The freehub is made from titanium and it has three pawls. The axle.spacing is 130mm rear 100mm front. Other rear spacing are possible. These hubs are an masterpiece. Think of it as jewelry at the heart of your wheel.
Lacing is 2x front and rear. Spokes used are sapim cx ray in silver front and rear in silver again. Weight is 1670g
If using tubeless tyres please do not fully deflate the tyres when packing into a bike box the tyre might unseat making reinflation difficult. Thus is not rim I consider to be fully tubeless compatible. Leave tubeless tyre inflated until they have worn out. Fix the tyre externally with plugs. A spare tube therefore will help if the tubeless tyre flats where the tyre unseats when riding.
What you get
- Wheelset front and rear
- tubeless rim tape
- The best guarantee (for the life of the rim against spoke failure and anything that could be termed a defect)
If tyres are bought they will be fitted.
Continental GP5000TL 25mm, 28mm or 32mm
IRC Aspite Pro Dry clincher 24mm or 26mm (for use with tinner tubes)
IRC Roadlite X guard 25 mm tyres (for use with tubes).
IRC Jetty 23mm, 25mm or 28mm (for use with inner tubes)
COVID 19 update. Overseas shipping is now with a courier only. UPS or Parcel force.
Orders placed in the afternoon normally get sent the next workday where possible. Orders placed before noon are often sent the same day but this is not guaranteed. Priority is given to Royal Mail Special delivery items always.
Same day disptach is not guaranteed due to volume of mail order. In general we are not operating with big delays in dispatch if any.
- Standard shipping is with Royal Mail using there 24 service. Cost £3. This is not a guaranteed service and takes 1-7 days normally but can be longer. The tracking number is not tracking but is a conformation of delivery code. If the item has been delivered to you or a neighbour then the tracking shows something otherwise it won't. If the item is needed urgently then pay for the courier/special delivery.
- For a £7 surcharge, a next day (not sunday) tracked service (from dispatch) with Royal mail special delivery is used. You get an hour delivery slot by text. It's a fine service and worth the money. This only works for items up to 2kg. beyond that it gets very expensive and Parcel Force 24 tracked is used.
- Rims are sent by courier only- cost £10. UPS is used. A phone number and email address must be supplied to allow me to book in. This service can also be picked for smaller items that you want delivered by UPS.
- Wheels shipping cost is £15 (cost of courier + cost of the box) next day. To NI, Scottish Islands, Channel Islands, Isle of Man and that is a two day service.
Due to the disruption in postal services during 2020, misdeliveries, customs issues and long delays all overseas shipping is now with UPS or Parcel Force. Parcel mass and destination affect price. So the following applies. I do not offer cheaper slower mail services anymore. Please don't ask as it means you have not read this page. There is no circumstance where i will use a cheaper service.
The website will provide shipping rates and estimated delivery's times for the services offered at checkout.
The import charges you will face are and these will be levied by the shipping carrier or by your customs authority in advance of delivery. Customs clearance will add to shipping times. Carrier like UPS operate there own customs in line with the deliveries countries laws in most jurisdictions and will bill you directly.
You will be billed for
Import duties which are set by the tarrif code i declare. Most cycling goods have a tarrif rate of 4.7%. Clothing however has higher duty rates, socks face a WTO tarrif rate of 12%. Free trade agreements affect this and for EU customers there are no duties as tarrifs are set at zero. The declared value in GDP will be converted to your countries currency by the monthly rate published by your tax authority.
Customs clearance fees -these vary from country to country and also vary by declared value in some juristictions.
VAT or sales taxes and applied to the total of the declared value of goods, customs clearance charges and import duties.
This shop declares the total paid for the goods for customs value, no exceptions. We will not declare low values as thats fraud and we will not be party to it.