The venerable Mavic Open Pro. It has been around for years and while it narrow and shallow by modern standard reliable wheels can be built with them. A 36 spoke rear is advisable for many as 32 spoke rears are not as stiff as I'd like the wheel to be with this rim.
We recommend building these with Sapim race spokes and hubs that give good bracing angles (not DT Swiss road hubs).
- Maxtal: Exclusive to Mavic, this specific aluminium alloy offers a higher strength to weight ratio than conventional 6106 alloy.
- SUP: Soudé Usiné Process. After bending, the rim joint is arc welded. The welded seam is then milled for a smooth finish.
- UB Control: The braking surfaces are precisely CNC machined
- Double Eyelets
- ETRTO compatible size: 622 x 15
- Recommended tyre widths: 19 to 28mm
- Valve hole diameter: 6.5mm
- Recommended nipple length: 12mm
- Recommended rim tape: 622 x 16 x 0.6
- Weight: 435g (700c)