Before buying make sure its your BB thats creaking. assume nothing with creaks. First of all BB clonk not creak. Clonks tend to be rythmic with the pedal stroke. Creaks are nomally something else, Check chainring bolts, thru axles/Q/R's saddles/seatpost fixings, pedals/pedal thread/pedal cleats. My look creaked/clonked rythmically I thought it might be the BB again but it was my cleats. Never assume. If the BB creaks after fitting correctly then either the frame is past it/out of spec or it was never the BB in the first place. There have been too many returns and yet I know as one customer found after taking my adivse PTFE tape on the left greased pedal thread made the noise go away. Trust me I'm a mechanic.
The thread fit BB can solves creaking issues that are due to the BB as the cups are pulled into the frame via a thread. Thus making the Token bottom bracket a cost effective solution to creaky press fit bottom brackets. Also more reliable than the OEM ofering in your bike.
Token thread fit BB to fit the following (the BB comes in a box with various cups to adapt to the different standard).
Will fit these FRAME TYPES:
- CRANKSET TYPE : Shimano HTII 24mm spindle
- steel or ceramic bearings
Token house the bearings in an alloy shell and wrap it with plastic and fibre. This fusion of the three materials provides the bearings a solid platform to sit on and extends their lives. A lot of people would be satisfied with this, but Token his ties the frame, cranks and bottom bracket together to they can’t move.
The Thread Fit bottom bracket doesn’t just solve the problem of noisy bottom brackets - it actually improves the life of the bottom bracket and makes your bike more responsive. There aren’t many times a replacement part actually improves your bike but put one on your bike and you’ll wonder why you didn’t install a Thread Fit sooner.
Available in standard (premium bearings) or TBT (ceramic bearings) option.
Requires Park Tool BBT69.2. or similar.
COVID 19 update. Overseas shipping is now with a courier only. UPS or Parcel force.
Orders placed in the afternoon normally get sent the next workday where possible. Orders placed before noon are often sent the same day but this is not guaranteed. Priority is given to Royal Mail Special delivery items always.
Same day disptach is not guaranteed due to volume of mail order. In general we are not operating with big delays in dispatch if any.
- Standard shipping is with Royal Mail using there 24 service. Cost £3. This is not a guaranteed service and takes 1-7 days normally but can be longer. The tracking number is not tracking but is a conformation of delivery code. If the item has been delivered to you or a neighbour then the tracking shows something otherwise it won't. If the item is needed urgently then pay for the courier/special delivery. in the case of the items recorded as delivered but you claim non delivery or delivery attempted but parcel never available for collection no refund or replacement goods are possible. R24 is not a tracked or insured service. We are only liable if delivery never happens. We wait 30 days before declaring am item lost. If this is not acceptable to you then pay for Special Delivery which is tracked and insured. We are not longer taking the hit for lost items because you want to spend less on postage.
- For a £7 surcharge, a next day (not sunday) tracked service (from dispatch) with Royal mail special delivery is used. You get an hour delivery slot by text. It's a fine service and worth the money. This only works for items up to 2kg. beyond that it gets very expensive and Parcel Force 24 tracked is used. This is fully insured service so in the event of non delivery a claim is possible.
- Rims are sent by courier only- cost £10. UPS is used. A phone number and email address must be supplied to allow me to book in. This service can also be picked for smaller items that you want delivered by UPS.
- Wheels shipping cost is £15 (cost of courier + cost of the box) next day. To NI, Scottish Islands, Channel Islands, Isle of Man and that is a two day service.
Due to the disruption in postal services during 2020, misdeliveries, customs issues and long delays all overseas shipping is now with Royal Mail Internation al Tracked and Signed (europe only) and UPS or Parcel Force tracked services. Parcel mass and destination affect price. So the following applies. I do not offer cheaper slower mail services anymore. Please don't ask as it means you have not read this page. There is no circumstance where i will use a cheaper service.
The website will provide shipping rates at checkout.
The import charges you will face are and these will be levied by the shipping carrier or by your customs authority in advance of delivery. Customs clearance will add to shipping times.
You will be billed for
Import duties which are set by the tarrif code we declare. Tarrif rates are normally published on government websites. "Free trade agreements" affect this and for EU customers there are no duties as tarrifs are set at zero for goods like our wheels that originate in the U.K. Goods that originate in the E.U and are exported back yo the E.U attract tarriffs. Good made outside the e.u and sold into the E.U attract tarrifs. The declared value in GDP will be converted to your countries currency by the monthly rate published by your tax authority.
Customs clearance fees -these vary from country to country and also vary by declared value in some juristictions.
VAT or sales taxes and applied to the total of the declared value of goods, customs clearance charges and import duties.
This shop declares the total paid for the goods for customs value, no exceptions. We will not declare low values as thats fraud and we will not be party to it.