Tubular tyre wheelsets are either very expensive or non-existent. Not here at The Cycle Clinic.
There is a rim that is just perfect. 23mm wide, 22mm deep and 435g. It is very stiff and build well. A bit like the HED Beglium C2 but without the price tag. The rim is sleeve joined but whats wrong with that?
- A robust all weather wheelset.
- Big cartridge bearing hubs
- Stiff yet comfortable.
- Triple butted Sapim spokes.
- Shimano or Campagnolo freehub.
- Life if the rim warranty.
- Weight 1635g
The rim profile is perfect for 25mm or wider tubular tyres. In fact the wider the better. CX tubs fit perfectly.
The spokes are black Sapim Laser for the front wheel laced 2x and black Sapim Force spokes laced 2x for the rear wheel.
Rim drilling is 24F/28R. 32F/32R can be done on request.
Hubs are the super reliable Miche Primato. Given these wheels are ideal for cross I see little point in offering other hubs in a standard build. I can of course do that but few hubs beat Miche Primato's for reliability.
There is 100kg weight limit on these wheels. This is not a strict limit it is a guide.
You can opt for tubs to be glued on. Dugast and IRC tubulars is what I offer.
Usual guarantee for the life of the rim.
- 700c rim tubular tyre only
- 100/130mm OLD
- Front wheel 725g
- Rear wheel 910g
- Miche hubs with 6001/6901 bearings and 12mm steel axle for the rear hub.
- Bearing preload adjustment front and rear
- Machined braking surface