The BORG22T Disc wheelset is perfect for road and CX race bikes using disc brakes. The rim for tubular tyres only is 23mm wide and 22mm deep and very stiff. Therefore Wider tubular tyres are perfect for this rim. The tyres shown are Dugast Rhino and Typhoon but these have to selected in the drop down menus. You will need to allow for tyres being out of stock some times. More will always be coming though. If i have to order it generally takes 3 weeks to get stock from dugast.
If the tubulars tyre's are opted for with the wheels I will glue them for you and mount them. The cost of gluing with Vittoria Mastik one is included int he price of the wheels.
The wheels can be built for the Cannondale 6mm offset rear used in one of there CX bikes.
A review here
These are stiff and light wheels for CX racing or general road use. Tubular tyres are quite practical for advise on riding with tubs just ask.
Available with a choice of freehub Shimano 8/9/10/11 speed, campagnolo 9/10/11 speed or SRAM XD 11 speed drivers. Thru axle compatibility with 100x12, 100x15 and 142x12mm.
Available in 28F/28R spoke count.
Weight of the 28F/28R BORG22T DISC wheelset is 1690g
The Miche Syntium DX hubs have been picked because they have
- bearing pre load adjuster (rear hub),
- 6 bolt rotor fitting,
- they are thru axle compatible,
- SRAM XD driver compatible,
- 17mm alloy axle
- Shimano or Campagnolo 9/10/11 speed compatible
- the best bracing angles of any disc brake hub on the market.
- the reliable because they are simple.
Essentially they are very good hubs.
The spoke and nipples are the last trick. Black Sapim Force triple butted 2.0/1.8/2.2mm (at the elbow where it matters) give long service life. The elbow being 2.2mm in diameter has 21% more cross sectional area than a sapim race or DT Swiss Competition spoke. This means 28 spoke wheels have the spoke life of a 32 spoke wheel. What is not to like about that? The nipples uses black Sapim alloy self locking nipples. The nipples can be easily turned with a spoke key but won't vibrate loose by themselves. Sapim alloy nipples don't break used thousands now and never had one break yet- so don't worry.
What you get
- 28F/28R BORG22T disc 23mm wide 22mm deep rims Sapim Force spokes,SILS nipples with Miche Syntium DX hubs for 100mm front and 135mm rear frame and forks.
- Q/R skewers supplied but kits for 100x12mm 100x15mm and 142x12mm are supplied
- Campagnolo 9/10/11 speed shimano 8/9/10/11 speed or SRAM XD driver freehub bodies.
- 5 year or 10,000 miles guarantee against spoke failure (anything reasonable covered too). The rims won't wear out so I can't do a guarantee for the life of the rim that might be a very long time.