PTN Pepi´s Tire Noodle
Created and developed from the needs of World Cup Racers for different mountain bike disciplines but this insert benefits all. This insert is suitable for use in a tubeless MTB tyre.
You install one side of the tyre bead, then the PTN and use the supplied valves, mount the second bead, pour sealant in and finish mounting the bead. Inflate as normal but expect to drop your pressures a bit - this is the key feature of the insert. Even at your normal pressures the tyre spring rate has changed and it alter the ride characteristics in a benifical way. It is recommended that you use an artificial latex based sealant with this insert like Maxalami MaXSeal.
- This product is used in World Cup Races and by riders just having a fun ride.
- The lightest system 26": "S" 60gr / "M" 80gr / "L" 90gr
- PTN will make you think your on wider tyres than you actually are. The bike should be more controllable over rough terrain and through ruts.
- Less rim damage (that does not mean you can be more wreckless) as the PTN is firmer than air.
- Improves grip and comfort as PTN allows you to ride with a lower air pressures. This normally results in being able to ride faster so be careful. Too low though and you risk damage to the PTN.
- Reduces risk of pinch flats but if your a regular tyre shredder it probably won't stop that.
- No changes needed on the rim/wheel or tyre.
- Can be used with all aluminium and carbon wheels if there is not an indication against this system.
- Allows you to continue/ finish your race run in case of a flat tyre like a Run Flat System but don't expect the PTN to survive but if your careful your wheels should.
-The coating prevents absorption of sealant unless the PTN gets damaged.
- Made by BSC SRL Italy.
Contains: 2 Pepi´s Tire Noodle and 2 PTN Tubeless Valves (40mm).
Available for the following wheels:
|M||29" 27,5" 26"|
Choose the size
|PTN Measure||Tyre Width||Rim Width|
|S||50 mm + / - 5mm||23 - 32mm|
|M||60 mm + / - 5mm||27 - 38mm|
|70 mm +/- 10mm||35 - 48mm|