PTN Pepi´s Tire Noodle - Raceline
Created and developed from the needs of World Cup Racers for different mountain bike disciplines but this insert benefits all. This insert is suitable for use in a tubeless MTB tyre.
PTN will improve the way your bike handles. The lower pressires that can be used with
PTN does many good things
- Improves comfort
- More control over rough terrain
- Improves traction and grip
- Reduces or eliminates the risk of burping.
- Does not increase rolling resistance, on rough ground rolling resistance is reduced.
- Reduces risk of rim and pinch flat damaged.
The insert has a coating to stop sealant absorbtion. The PTN allows lower pressures to be run. PTN comes in various width for the different tyres we use. Select the appropriate one .which pinched on you hand the PTN will become wider (obviously) but not all insert do. This is how your rims are protected. The medium and large sizes are firmer than the small size because the small size is made to be light for xc use .the larger sizes are aimed at more hardcore use .
Each size is a unique design . Each size is it's own design not the same noodle cut to a new length or made to a different diameter.
Once you have installed one side of the tyre bead, then the PTN and use the supplied valves, mount the second bead, pour sealant in and finish mounting the bead. Inflate as normal but expect to drop your pressures a bit - this is the key feature of the insert. Even at your normal pressures the tyre spring rate has changed and it alter the ride characteristics in a benifical way. It is recommended that you use an artificial latex based sealant with this insert like Maxalami MaXSeal. Stans race sealant can clog valves so it not recomenreco that you use this sealant with PTN and the supplies valves.
Inserts are not just rim defence. They work by essentially creating two chambers in the tyre. The air chamber has a low spring rate and the insert has a higher spring rate. The way spring constants add in series means the air chamber dominates just keeping more of the tyre in contact with the ground. The insert though stops the tyre bottoming out and burping.
- This product is used in World Cup Races and by many champions and by riders just having a fun ride.
- The lightest system
26": "M" 78gr / "L" 88gr
650B "S" 48g, "M" 70g "L" 90g
29er "S" 52g "M" 82g
- PTN will make you think your on wider tyres than you actually are. The bike is more controllable over rough terrain and through ruts.
- Less rim damage (that does not mean you can be more wreckless) as the PTN is firmer than air.
- Improves grip and comfort as PTN allows you to ride with a lower air pressures. This normally results in being able to ride faster so be careful. Too low though and you risk damage to the PTN.
-If your tyre/rim combination is prone to burping then PTN will stop the burping.
- Reduces risk of pinch flats but if your a regular tyre shredder it probably won't stop that.
- No changes needed on the rim/wheel or tyre.
- Can be used with all aluminium and carbon wheels if there is not an indication against this system.
- Allows you to continue/ finish your race run in case of a flat tyre like a Run Flat System but don't expect the PTN to survive but if your careful your wheels should.
-The coating prevents absorption of sealant unless the PTN gets damaged.
- Made by BSC SRL Italy.
Contains: 2 Pepi´s Tire Noodle and 2 PTN Tubeless Valves (40mm).
Available for the following wheels:
|M||29" 27,5" 26"|
Choose the size
|PTN Measure||Tyre Width||Rim Width (external)|
|S||50 mm + / - 5mm||23 - 32mm|
|M||60 mm + / - 5mm||27 - 38mm|
|70 mm +/- 10mm||35 - 48mm|
COVID 19 update. Overseas shipping is now with a courier only. UPS or Parcel force.
Orders placed in the afternoon normally get sent the next workday where possible. Orders placed before noon are often sent the same day but this is not guaranteed. Priority is given to Royal Mail Special delivery items always.
Same day disptach is not guaranteed due to volume of mail order. In general we are not operating with big delays in dispatch if any.
- Standard shipping is with Royal Mail using there 24 service. Cost £3. This is not a guaranteed service and takes 1-7 days normally but can be longer. The tracking number is not tracking but is a conformation of delivery code. If the item has been delivered to you or a neighbour then the tracking shows something otherwise it won't. If the item is needed urgently then pay for the courier/special delivery. in the case of the items recorded as delivered but you claim non delivery or delivery attempted but parcel never available for collection no refund or replacement goods are possible. R24 is not a tracked or insured service. We are only liable if delivery never happens. We wait 30 days before declaring am item lost. If this is not acceptable to you then pay for Special Delivery which is tracked and insured. We are not longer taking the hit for lost items because you want to spend less on postage.
- For a £7 surcharge, a next day (not sunday) tracked service (from dispatch) with Royal mail special delivery is used. You get an hour delivery slot by text. It's a fine service and worth the money. This only works for items up to 2kg. beyond that it gets very expensive and Parcel Force 24 tracked is used. This is fully insured service so in the event of non delivery a claim is possible.
- Rims are sent by courier only- cost £10. UPS is used. A phone number and email address must be supplied to allow me to book in. This service can also be picked for smaller items that you want delivered by UPS.
- Wheels shipping cost is £15 (cost of courier + cost of the box) next day. To NI, Scottish Islands, Channel Islands, Isle of Man and that is a two day service.
Due to the disruption in postal services during 2020, misdeliveries, customs issues and long delays all overseas shipping is now with Royal Mail Internation al Tracked and Signed (europe only) and UPS or Parcel Force tracked services. Parcel mass and destination affect price. So the following applies. I do not offer cheaper slower mail services anymore. Please don't ask as it means you have not read this page. There is no circumstance where i will use a cheaper service.
The website will provide shipping rates at checkout.
The import charges you will face are and these will be levied by the shipping carrier or by your customs authority in advance of delivery. Customs clearance will add to shipping times.
You will be billed for
Import duties which are set by the tarrif code we declare. Tarrif rates are normally published on government websites. "Free trade agreements" affect this and for EU customers there are no duties as tarrifs are set at zero for goods like our wheels that originate in the U.K. Goods that originate in the E.U and are exported back yo the E.U attract tarriffs. Good made outside the e.u and sold into the E.U attract tarrifs. The declared value in GDP will be converted to your countries currency by the monthly rate published by your tax authority.
Customs clearance fees -these vary from country to country and also vary by declared value in some juristictions.
VAT or sales taxes and applied to the total of the declared value of goods, customs clearance charges and import duties.
This shop declares the total paid for the goods for customs value, no exceptions. We will not declare low values as thats fraud and we will not be party to it.