Please note the pictures need updating as different hubs are shown.
The BORG35 Disc is a wheelset made for abuse. Wide, stiff and uncompromising. Ride mountains, enduro or load them up and go bike packing/adventure riding.
- A robust all weather wheelset.
- 35mm wide for tyres from 2.4" (60mm) to 3.0" (75mm).
- Wide tubeless tyre ready rims.
- Reliable cartridge bearing hubs.
- Max torque rating of 550Nm therefore E bike compatibe.
- Stiff yet comfortable.
- Triple butted Sapim spokes.
- Shimano or XD driver freehub.
- 5 year warranty.
- Hooked rim
It is so wide (35mm external) it has no trouble supporting + sized tyres.
The rim is 19mm deep and black in colour. It is a disc brake specific rim that is tubeless compatible so it supplied tubeless ready with tubeless tape.
This rim is 29mm internal width providing a very stiff wheel which also give wide tyres a lovely shape allowing you to deal with what ever the trail has in store for you.
Two wheel sizes are offered 650B and 29er.
You can choose between Shimano 8/9/10/11, microspline 12 speed or XD driver 11/12 speed freehubs.
The hubs used are Miche XM550. The reason is these are technically speaking the best hubs in production.
- Boost 110*15mm and 148*12mm compatible.
- Shimano 11 speed mtb, shimano microspline or XD freehubs compatible.
- No proprietary tools needed for service/bearing changes.
- E- bike compatible.
- Max torque rating of 550Nm
Spokes will be black Sapim Force with silver brass nipples. Brass nipples are picked because this wheelset is built to carry load. There is no weight limit. Spoke count is 32 spoke.
Weight is ~1960g for the 650B wheelset and 2020g for the 29er wheelset with Miche hubs.
Simply a solid wheelset that will do it all.
what you get
- 5 year/10,000 mile guarantee against spoke failure due to fatigue.
- tubeless ready wheelset, (tape, valves and IRC tyre levers)
- crash damage repair at cost of parts only.
- Spares back up. If i use a hub all spares are available.
Also Consider IRC MTB tyres and Pepi's tyre noodles. MaXalami MaXS
eal sealant is what I recommend as well. It works better than stans and does not ball up.
COVID 19 update. Overseas shipping is now with a courier only. UPS or Parcel force.
Orders placed in the afternoon normally get sent the next workday where possible. Orders placed before noon are often sent the same day but this is not guaranteed. Priority is given to Royal Mail Special delivery items always.
Same day disptach is not guaranteed due to volume of mail order. In general we are not operating with big delays in dispatch if any.
- Standard shipping is with Royal Mail using there 24 service. Cost £3. This is not a guaranteed service and takes 1-7 days normally but can be longer. The tracking number is not tracking but is a conformation of delivery code. If the item has been delivered to you or a neighbour then the tracking shows something otherwise it won't. If the item is needed urgently then pay for the courier/special delivery.
- For a £7 surcharge, a next day (not sunday) tracked service (from dispatch) with Royal mail special delivery is used. You get an hour delivery slot by text. It's a fine service and worth the money. This only works for items up to 2kg. beyond that it gets very expensive and Parcel Force 24 tracked is used.
- Rims are sent by courier only- cost £10. UPS is used. A phone number and email address must be supplied to allow me to book in. This service can also be picked for smaller items that you want delivered by UPS.
- Wheels shipping cost is £15 (cost of courier + cost of the box) next day. To NI, Scottish Islands, Channel Islands, Isle of Man and that is a two day service.
Due to the disruption in postal services during 2020, misdeliveries, customs issues and long delays all overseas shipping is now with UPS or Parcel Force. Parcel mass and destination affect price. So the following applies. I do not offer cheaper slower mail services anymore. Please don't ask as it means you have not read this page. There is no circumstance where i will use a cheaper service.
The website will provide shipping rates and estimated delivery's times for the services offered at checkout.
The import charges you will face are and these will be levied by the shipping carrier or by your customs authority in advance of delivery. Customs clearance will add to shipping times. Carrier like UPS operate there own customs in line with the deliveries countries laws in most jurisdictions and will bill you directly.
You will be billed for
Import duties which are set by the tarrif code i declare. Most cycling goods have a tarrif rate of 4.7%. Clothing however has higher duty rates, socks face a WTO tarrif rate of 12%. Free trade agreements affect this and for EU customers there are no duties as tarrifs are set at zero. The declared value in GDP will be converted to your countries currency by the monthly rate published by your tax authority.
Customs clearance fees -these vary from country to country and also vary by declared value in some juristictions.
VAT or sales taxes and applied to the total of the declared value of goods, customs clearance charges and import duties.
This shop declares the total paid for the goods for customs value, no exceptions. We will not declare low values as thats fraud and we will not be party to it.