Please note the pictures need updating as different hubs are shown.
The BORG35 Disc is a wheelset made for abuse. Wide, stiff and uncompromising. Ride mountains, enduro or load them up and go bike packing/adventure riding.
- A robust all weather wheelset.
- 35mm wide for tyres from 2.4" (60mm) to 3.0" (75mm).
- Wide tubeless tyre ready rims.
- Reliable cartridge bearing hubs.
- Max torque rating of 550Nm therefore E bike compatibe.
- Stiff yet comfortable.
- Triple butted Sapim spokes.
- Shimano or XD driver freehub.
- 5 year warranty.
- Hooked rim- suitable fot tubeless and tubed tyre use.
It is so wide (35mm external) it has no trouble supporting + sized tyres.
The rim is 19mm deep and black in colour. It is a disc brake specific rim that is tubeless compatible so it supplied tubeless ready with tubeless tape.
This rim is 30mm internal width providing a very stiff wheel which also give wide tyres a lovely shape allowing you to deal with what ever the trail has in store for you.
Two wheel sizes are offered 650B and 29er.
You can choose between Shimano 8/9/10/11, microspline 12 speed or XD driver 11/12 speed freehubs.
- Boost 110*15mm and 148*12mm compatible.
- Shimano 11 speed mtb, shimano microspline or XD freehubs compatible.
- No proprietary tools needed for service/bearing changes.
- E- bike compatible.
- Max torque rating of 550Nm
- Robust 30T ratchet ring giving 12 degrees before the freehub grabs. Rasing the points of engagement lower the torque rating of the hub.
- 6 bolt rotor mounts
- Non boost 100x15/142x12mm spacing
- Shimano 11 speed, Microspline 12 speed or XD driver
- No proprietry tools required for servicing
- Max torque rating od 330Nm
- Robust 30T ratchet ring.
- SKF bearings (specially selected) and extreely reliable.
- Centrelock mounts
Other hubs can be used. Other rims too. Think of the listing as a starting point.
Spokes will be black Sapim Force with silver brass nipples. Brass nipples are picked because this wheelset is built to carry load. There is no weight limit. Spoke count is 32 spoke.
Weight is ~1960g for the 650B wheelset and 2020g for the 29er wheelset with Miche hubs.
Simply a solid wheelset that will do it all.
what you get
- 5 year/10,000 mile guarantee against spoke failure due to fatigue.
- tubeless ready wheelset, (tape, valves)
- Spares back up. If i use a hub all spares are available.
Also Consider IRC MTB tyres and Pepi's tyre noodles. MaXalami MaXSeal sealant is what I recommend as well. It works better than stans and does not ball up.
Pepi tyre noodles
Things to buy if your using tubeless tyres.
COVID 19 update. Overseas shipping is now with a courier only. UPS or Parcel force.
Orders placed in the afternoon normally get sent the next workday where possible. Orders placed before noon are often sent the same day but this is not guaranteed. Priority is given to Royal Mail Special delivery items always.
Same day disptach is not guaranteed due to volume of mail order. In general we are not operating with big delays in dispatch if any.
- Standard shipping is with Royal Mail using there 24 service. Cost £3. This is not a guaranteed service and takes 1-7 days normally but can be longer. The tracking number is not tracking but is a conformation of delivery code. If the item has been delivered to you or a neighbour then the tracking shows something otherwise it won't. If the item is needed urgently then pay for the courier/special delivery. in the case of the items recorded as delivered but you claim non delivery or delivery attempted but parcel never available for collection no refund or replacement goods are possible. R24 is not a tracked or insured service. We are only liable if delivery never happens. We wait 30 days before declaring am item lost. If this is not acceptable to you then pay for Special Delivery which is tracked and insured. We are not longer taking the hit for lost items because you want to spend less on postage.
- For a £7 surcharge, a next day (not sunday) tracked service (from dispatch) with Royal mail special delivery is used. You get an hour delivery slot by text. It's a fine service and worth the money. This only works for items up to 2kg. beyond that it gets very expensive and Parcel Force 24 tracked is used. This is fully insured service so in the event of non delivery a claim is possible.
- Rims are sent by courier only- cost £10. UPS is used. A phone number and email address must be supplied to allow me to book in. This service can also be picked for smaller items that you want delivered by UPS.
- Wheels shipping cost is £15 (cost of courier + cost of the box) next day. To NI, Scottish Islands, Channel Islands, Isle of Man and that is a two day service.
Due to the disruption in postal services during 2020, misdeliveries, customs issues and long delays all overseas shipping is now with Royal Mail Internation al Tracked and Signed (europe only) and UPS or Parcel Force tracked services. Parcel mass and destination affect price. So the following applies. I do not offer cheaper slower mail services anymore. Please don't ask as it means you have not read this page. There is no circumstance where i will use a cheaper service.
The website will provide shipping rates at checkout.
The import charges you will face are and these will be levied by the shipping carrier or by your customs authority in advance of delivery. Customs clearance will add to shipping times.
You will be billed for
Import duties which are set by the tarrif code we declare. Tarrif rates are normally published on government websites. "Free trade agreements" affect this and for EU customers there are no duties as tarrifs are set at zero for goods like our wheels that originate in the U.K. Goods that originate in the E.U and are exported back yo the E.U attract tarriffs. Good made outside the e.u and sold into the E.U attract tarrifs. The declared value in GDP will be converted to your countries currency by the monthly rate published by your tax authority.
Customs clearance fees -these vary from country to country and also vary by declared value in some juristictions.
VAT or sales taxes and applied to the total of the declared value of goods, customs clearance charges and import duties.
This shop declares the total paid for the goods for customs value, no exceptions. We will not declare low values as thats fraud and we will not be party to it.