Please note the pictures need updating as different hubs are shown.
The BORG35 Disc is a wheelset made for abuse. Wide, stiff and uncompromising. Ride mountains, enduro or load them up and go bike packing/adventure riding.
- A robust all weather wheelset.
- 35mm wide for tyres from 2.4" to 3.0" (75mm).
- Wide tubeless tyre ready rims.
- Reliable cartridge bearing hubs.
- Max torque rating of 550Nm therefore E bike compatibe.
- Stiff yet comfortable.
- Triple butted Sapim spokes.
- Shimano or XD driver freehub.
- 5 year warranty.
- Hooked rim
It is so wide (35mm external) it has no trouble supporting + sized tyres.
The rim is 19mm deep and black in colour. It is a disc brake specific rim that is tubeless compatible so it supplied tubeless ready with tubeless tape.
This rim is 29mm internal width providing a very stiff wheel which also give wide tyres a lovely shape allowing you to deal with what ever the trail has in store for you.
Two wheel sizes are offered 650B and 29er.
You can choose between Shimano 8/9/10/11, microspline 12 speed or XD driver 11/12 speed freehubs.
The hubs used are Miche XM550. The reason is these are technically speaking the best hubs in production.
- Boost 110*15mm and 148*12mm compatible.
- Shimano 11 speed mtb, shimano microspline or XD freehubs compatible.
- No proprietary tools needed for service/bearing changes.
- E- bike compatible.
- Max torque rating of 550Nm
Spokes will be black Sapim Force with silver brass nipples. Brass nipples are picked because this wheelset is built to carry load. There is no weight limit. Spoke count is 32 spoke.
Weight is ~1960g for the 650B wheelset and 2020g for the 29er wheelset with Miche hubs.
Simply a solid wheelset that will do it all.
what you get
- 5 year/10,000 mile guarantee against spoke failure due to fatigue.
- tubeless ready wheelset, (tape, valves and IRC tyre levers)
- crash damage repair at cost of parts only.
- Spares back up. If i use a hub all spares are available.
Also Consider IRC MTB tyres and Pepi's tyre noodles. MaXalami MaXS
eal sealant is what I recommend as well. It works better than stans and does not ball up.