The BORG35 Trail wheelset is ride anywhere set if wheels and it is suitable for E bikes with mid drive motors. However it is also fine for use with human only powered bicycles.
Ride or race on these wheels whether it be Enduro or your favourite trail centre or the local bridleways.
The wheelset uses a carbon rim. This, even though its not the lightest wheelset, it still feels light and responsive. The rim used is not a lightweight fragile affair. It can take a beating.
The rim has a hookless tubeless compatible profile and it is supplied with tubeless tape fitted and tubeless valves.
The rim is 35mm wide (30mm internal width) supporting tyres from 2.1" to 2.8" although 2.3" to 2.6" seems perfect.
These wheels are mot built to be the lightest. They are built to be comfortable, responsive (that is not dictated by wheel mass), robust and compatible with today's wider tyres and tyre inserts.
- A robust wheelset
- 29er or 27.5"
- Reliable cartridge bearing hubs
- 6 bolt rotor mounts
- 25mm deep.
- 35mm wide tubeless tyre ready rims.
- Stiff, responsive yet comfortable.
- Triple butted spokes.
- Shimano 8/9/10/11speed, XD 11/12 speed driver or Shimano Microspline freehubs
- Weight 1944g for the 29er wheelset
- Hand built in the shop.
The spoke count is 32H. This is so the wheels can take a beating and they can take E bikes in there stride. Sapim Force triple butted spokes with silver brass nipples are used to create a stiff and robust wheelset for the 29er wheels. The 650B wheels due to the smaller rim size use Pillar PSR TB2016 which is thinner gauge triple butted spokes and brass nipples. Stiff so spoke life is long and it handles well. Stiff so the bike responds to every power input. Comfortable too as stiff does not mean jarring.
The hubs are the centrepiece, literally. They have 6 bolt rotor fitting and use 6803 sized bearings (2 X 6803 front, 3 +2 6803 rear). The axle diameter is 17mm.
The 3 pawl freehub turns in a large 30T ratchet ring. The larger pawls and large teeth mean this hub can handle 550Nm of torque. E bike simply won't trouble it. E bike Compatability precludes more points of engagement as it would reduce the max torque rating. Also high engagement hubs have never much use to me. They come with higher rates of ratchet and pawl wear and the problems that brings.
This is a wheelset build to be ridden uphill, downhill, round the hill over loam, rocks, steps, jumps... enjoy what they will allow you to do.
Wheelset weight with tape.
Due to the size of MTB tyres these cannot be fitted as the wheels won't fit on the box. IRC Taken tyres and PTN inserts are available. Other tyres are available too.
Also Consider IRC MTB tyres and Pepi's tyre noodles. MaXalami MaXSeal sealant is what we recommend as well. It works better than stans and does not ball up. 7
Pepi tyre noodles
COVID 19 update. Overseas shipping is now with a courier only. UPS or Parcel force.
Orders placed in the afternoon normally get sent the next workday where possible. Orders placed before noon are often sent the same day but this is not guaranteed. Priority is given to Royal Mail Special delivery items always.
Same day disptach is not guaranteed due to volume of mail order. In general we are not operating with big delays in dispatch if any.
- Standard shipping is with Royal Mail using there 24 service. Cost £3. This is not a guaranteed service and takes 1-7 days normally but can be longer. The tracking number is not tracking but is a conformation of delivery code. If the item has been delivered to you or a neighbour then the tracking shows something otherwise it won't. If the item is needed urgently then pay for the courier/special delivery. in the case of the items recorded as delivered but you claim non delivery or delivery attempted but parcel never available for collection no refund or replacement goods are possible. R24 is not a tracked or insured service. We are only liable if delivery never happens. We wait 30 days before declaring am item lost. If this is not acceptable to you then pay for Special Delivery which is tracked and insured. We are not longer taking the hit for lost items because you want to spend less on postage.
- For a £7 surcharge, a next day (not sunday) tracked service (from dispatch) with Royal mail special delivery is used. You get an hour delivery slot by text. It's a fine service and worth the money. This only works for items up to 2kg. beyond that it gets very expensive and Parcel Force 24 tracked is used. This is fully insured service so in the event of non delivery a claim is possible.
- Rims are sent by courier only- cost £10. UPS is used. A phone number and email address must be supplied to allow me to book in. This service can also be picked for smaller items that you want delivered by UPS.
- Wheels shipping cost is £15 (cost of courier + cost of the box) next day. To NI, Scottish Islands, Channel Islands, Isle of Man and that is a two day service.
Due to the disruption in postal services during 2020, misdeliveries, customs issues and long delays all overseas shipping is now with Royal Mail Internation al Tracked and Signed (europe only) and UPS or Parcel Force tracked services. Parcel mass and destination affect price. So the following applies. I do not offer cheaper slower mail services anymore. Please don't ask as it means you have not read this page. There is no circumstance where i will use a cheaper service.
The website will provide shipping rates at checkout.
The import charges you will face are and these will be levied by the shipping carrier or by your customs authority in advance of delivery. Customs clearance will add to shipping times.
You will be billed for
Import duties which are set by the tarrif code we declare. Tarrif rates are normally published on government websites. "Free trade agreements" affect this and for EU customers there are no duties as tarrifs are set at zero for goods like our wheels that originate in the U.K. Goods that originate in the E.U and are exported back yo the E.U attract tarriffs. Good made outside the e.u and sold into the E.U attract tarrifs. The declared value in GDP will be converted to your countries currency by the monthly rate published by your tax authority.
Customs clearance fees -these vary from country to country and also vary by declared value in some juristictions.
VAT or sales taxes and applied to the total of the declared value of goods, customs clearance charges and import duties.
This shop declares the total paid for the goods for customs value, no exceptions. We will not declare low values as thats fraud and we will not be party to it.
A word of warning once an parcel has been shipped any import charges are your reponsibility. Refusal to pay these charges to the parcel carrier mean you loose the right to an automatic refund. We refund at our discretion minus any charges we are levied by the parcel carrier. These charges cannot be disputed by us. We also reserve the right to apply a 10% restocking fee on top of any charges applied to us for the return of the parcel. Therefore once shipped charges must be paid. We can accept no liability if the parcel is lost after charges have been refused to be paid.