The BORG22 review here O.K that's the black one.
The wheels are handbuilt in the shop. I call these BORG22 they are 22mm deep and polished silver. They are my all weather training wheelset for classic looking bikes. The rims are not expensive if they need to be replaced and the hubs, well they love the wet. Bearing life is long in all conditions.
- A robust all weather wheelset.
- Shiney silver.
- Big cartridge bearing hubs
- Stiff yet comfortable.
- Double butted Sapim spokes.
- Shimano or Campagnolo freehub.
- 24mm wide tubeless ready wheelset (tubed tyre compatible also).
- Life if the rim warranty.
- Weight from 1660g
- Dynamo option available.
The rim is 24mm wide and 22mm deep. It weighs 450g. The rear rim has offset drilling for increased NDS spoke tension (this is a good thing for spoke life). The internal width of this rim is 19mm and it has a 2mm thick spoke nipple bed. All tyres will sit wider on this rim than they would on a narrower one. This improves rider comfort due to the increased air volume and due to the different tyre shape handling in the bends particularly over broken road surfaces is improved. .
These wheels are robust and the rims are low cost meaning they are perfect training wheels and ideal for wet weather/winter use. They are supplied tubeless ready with tubeless tape, valves and IRC tyre levers. The levers are supplied because they are best levers I have tried and make fitting of every tyre I have tried so far easy.
Spokes and nipples
24F/28R or with Sapim Race spokes front and Race rear or 32F/32R Silver Sapim Race spokes front and Silver Sapim Race rear. Sapim silver brass nipples are used. A stiff wheelset for nearly all riders weight limit 100kg. Spoke nipple washers are used as well.
Hubs - all 100/130mm OLD
Miche Primato hubs in silver are used for most build options. They have proven themselves and give many thousands of miles of trouble free all weather use. The bearings are 2x6001 C3 in both the front and rear hub shells. The rear freehub has 2x 6901 bearings. The axles front and rear are 12mm diameter and made of steel. The front and rear hub are a free axle design making disassembly really simple. Both the front and rear hub have a bearing preload adjuster which should be set once the wheels are installed in the bike.
SON deluxe wide body 6V, 3W hub is available for front wheels too.
Shimano 8/9/10/11 speed freehub, SRAM XDR and Campagnolo 9/10/11 speed freehub bodies are available.
Simply reliable wheels that benefit from The Cycle Clinic life of the rim guarantee against going out of true/spoke failure, rim cracking (but not rim damage) and hub flange cracking.
The Cycle Clinic is a stockist/importer of IRC tubeless and clincher (tubed) tyres. You can opt for any IRC tyres to be fitted to your wheels. Other brands are stocked too, and if you buy tyres of this shop I will fit them and set them up with Maxalami Sealant. Please note if you buy tubed tyres buy tubes also. Below are links to the tubeless tyres and IRC tubed tyres stocked.
Continental GP5000TL 25mm, 28mm or 32mm
IRC Aspite Pro Dry clincher 24mm or 26mm (for use with tinner tubes)
IRC Roadlite X guard 25 mm tyres (for use with tubes).
IRC Jetty 23mm, 25mm or 28mm (for use with inner tubes)
If you buy any tyre (with tubes if applicable) I will fit them for you to your wheels.
Weight (bare wheels)
- Min tyre real width 25mm max pressure 7.5 bar.
What you get
- Wheelset front and rear with Sapim spokes and nipples.
- Tubeless rim tape
- Tubeless valves
- Q/R skewers.
- IRC tubeless tyres levers
- The best guarantee (for the life of the rim against spoke failure and anything that could be termed a defect) i.e. problems fixed at my cost not yours.
Other thing to buy with this wheelset
COVID 19 update. Overseas shipping is now with a courier only. UPS or Parcel force.
Orders placed in the afternoon normally get sent the next workday where possible. Orders placed before noon are often sent the same day but this is not guaranteed. Priority is given to Royal Mail Special delivery items always.
Same day disptach is not guaranteed due to volume of mail order. In general we are not operating with big delays in dispatch if any.
- Standard shipping is with Royal Mail using there 24 service. Cost £3. This is not a guaranteed service and takes 1-2 days normally but can be longer. The tracking number is not tracking but is a conformation of delivery code. If the item has been delivered to you or a neighbour then the tracking shows something otherwise it won't. If the item is needed urgently then pay for the courier/special delivery.
- For a £7 surcharge, a next day (not sunday) tracked service (from dispatch) with Royal mail special delivery is used. You get an hour delivery slot by text. It's a fine service and worth the money. This only works for items up to 2kg. beyond that it gets very expensive and Parcel Force 24 tracked is used.
- Rims are sent by courier only cost £10. Next working day service with Parcel Force. A phone number and email address must be supplied to allow me to book in. This service can also be picked for smaller items that you want delivered by Parcel Force.
- Wheels shipping cost is £15 (cost of courier + cost of the box) next day. To NI, Scottish Islands, Channel Islands, Isle of Man and that is a two day service. a surcharge
Due to the disruption in postal service, misdeliveries, customs issues and long delays all overseas shipping is now with UPS/Parcelfocre shipping, weight and destination affect price. So the following applies.
E.U customers that I ship to regularly.
Parcel Force shipping is used for a number of European countries. The price is the same for up 25kg. There is not a small parcel rate with Parcel Force. If your country is one of those then checkout is simple.Just checkout and pay. Parcel force offer a road freight service to most of Europe and it takes 2 to 5 days depending on the destination. UPS is also available on request.
Other E.U nations/outside EU customers a will see UPS rates.
However if the rate maybe wrong and the UPS rates assume a small E2 jiffy bag suitable for many small items. This if course does not apply for bigger items or multiples purchases. Quotes are available. Simply registering the website with you address e.t.c and I will provide full quote.
Therefore contact the shop for a shipping quote. Your registered shipping address will used for the UPS quote.
VAT will be removed as well and a new invoice issued. If payment has already been made a refund for excess payment will be issued.
For outside E.U customers the following applies. The order value is with VAT. VAT is 20% so order total for the parts/6 = VAT amount.
Then add the UPS shipping amount. The true amount may differ. the VAT is used if you have under paid if more is due then we will let you know. If you have over paid I will work out what and refund you.