I'm aware new pics are needed.
The BORG26 rim brake wheelset provides guaranteed reliability in all conditions. The wheels are built with high mileage riders in mind and therefore suits everyone else. Those that ride in the foulest of conditions and simply need dependable wheels. Dependable does not have to heavy though. The BORG26 have every detail covered.
The spoke count is 32F/32R. The dynamo is the SON deluxe wide body. This hub produces 6V and 3W. It has a normal front geometry for a more reliable wheel.
- A robust all weather wheelset for rim brakes
- SON dynamo hub
- Big cartridge bearing hubs
- Stiff yet comfortable.
- Triple butted Sapim spokes.
- Shimano8/9/10/11 speed, SRAM AXS 12 speed or Campagnolo 9/10/11/12 speed freehub.
- 24mm wide tubeless tyre ready rims (tubed tyre compatible also).
- 26mm deep.
- Life of the rim warranty.
- Black hub, rim and spokes.
The wheels are handbuilt in the shop. I call these BORG26 because they are 26mm deep. The rims are not expensive if they need to be replaced and the hubs, well they love the wet. Bearing life is long in all conditions.
The rim is 24mm wide and 26mm deep. It weighs 475g. The rear rim has offset drilling for increased NDS spoke tension (this is a good thing for spoke life). The internal width of this rim is 19mm and it has a 2mm thick spoke nipple bed. All tyres will sit wider on this rim than they would on a narrower one. This improves rider comfort due to the increased air volume and due to the different tyre shape handling in the bends particularly over broken road surfaces is improved.
These wheels are robust and the rims are low cost meaning they are perfect training wheels and ideal for wet weather/winter use. They are supplied tubeless ready with tubeless tape, valves and IRC tyre levers. Tubed tyres can of course be fitted and are an easy fit. Even Schwalbe Marathons fit with ease. The levers are supplied because they are best levers I have tried and make fitting of every tyre I have tried so far easy.
32F/32R Black Sapim Force spokes with silver brass nipples are used. Sapim HM nipples washers are also utilised. This is a very stiff wheelset with a 120kg recomended max weight limit.
Rear Hubs - all 100/130mm OLD
Miche Primato hubs are used for most build options. They have proven themselves and give many thousands of miles of trouble free all weather use. The bearings are 2x6001 C3 in both the front and rear hub shells. The rear freehub has 2x 6901 bearings. The axles front and rear are 12mm diameter and made of steel. The front and rear hub are a free axle design making disassembly really simple. Both the front and rear hub have a bearing preload adjuster which should be set once the wheels are installed in the bike.
Shimano 8/9/10/11 speed freehub, SRAM XDR/AXS 12 speed and Campagnolo 9/10/11/12 speed.
Simply reliable wheels that benefit from The Cycle Clinic life of the rim guarantee against going out of true/spoke failure, rim cracking (but not rim damage) and hub flange cracking.
The Cycle Clinic is a stockist/importer of IRC tubeless and clincher (tubed) tyres. You can opt for any IRC tyres to be fitted to your wheels. Other brands are stocked too, and if you buy tyres of this shop I will fit them and set them up with Maxalami Sealant. Please note if you buy tubed tyres buy tubes also. Below are links to the tubeless tyres and IRC tubed tyres stocked.
Continental GP5000TL 25mm, 28mm or 32mm
IRC Aspite Pro Dry clincher 24mm or 26mm (for use with tinner tubes)
IRC Roadlite X guard 25 mm tyres (for use with tubes).
IRC Jetty 23mm, 25mm or 28mm (for use with inner tubes)
If you buy any tyre (with tubes if applicable) we will fit them for you to your wheel.
- Min tyre real width 25mm max pressure 7.5 bar.
What you get
- Wheelset front and rear with Sapim spokes and nipples.
- Tubeless rim tape
- Tubeless valves
- Q/R skewers.
- IRC tubeless tyres levers
- The best guarantee (for the life of the rim against spoke failure and anything that could be termed a defect) i.e. problems fixed at my cost not yours.
Other thing to buy with this wheelset
COVID 19 update. Overseas shipping is now with a courier only. UPS or Parcel force.
Orders placed in the afternoon normally get sent the next workday where possible. Orders placed before noon are often sent the same day but this is not guaranteed. Priority is given to Royal Mail Special delivery items always.
Same day disptach is not guaranteed due to volume of mail order. In general we are not operating with big delays in dispatch if any.
- Standard shipping is with Royal Mail using there 24 service. Cost £3. This is not a guaranteed service and takes 1-7 days normally but can be longer. The tracking number is not tracking but is a conformation of delivery code. If the item has been delivered to you or a neighbour then the tracking shows something otherwise it won't. If the item is needed urgently then pay for the courier/special delivery.
- For a £7 surcharge, a next day (not sunday) tracked service (from dispatch) with Royal mail special delivery is used. You get an hour delivery slot by text. It's a fine service and worth the money. This only works for items up to 2kg. beyond that it gets very expensive and Parcel Force 24 tracked is used.
- Rims are sent by courier only- cost £10. UPS is used. A phone number and email address must be supplied to allow me to book in. This service can also be picked for smaller items that you want delivered by UPS.
- Wheels shipping cost is £15 (cost of courier + cost of the box) next day. To NI, Scottish Islands, Channel Islands, Isle of Man and that is a two day service.
Due to the disruption in postal services during 2020, misdeliveries, customs issues and long delays all overseas shipping is now with UPS or Parcel Force. Parcel mass and destination affect price. So the following applies. I do not offer cheaper slower mail services anymore. Please don't ask as it means you have not read this page. There is no circumstance where i will use a cheaper service.
The website will provide shipping rates and estimated delivery's times for the services offered at checkout.
The import charges you will face are and these will be levied by the shipping carrier or by your customs authority in advance of delivery. Customs clearance will add to shipping times. Carrier like UPS operate there own customs in line with the deliveries countries laws in most jurisdictions and will bill you directly.
You will be billed for
Import duties which are set by the tarrif code i declare. Most cycling goods have a tarrif rate of 4.7%. Clothing however has higher duty rates, socks face a WTO tarrif rate of 12%. Free trade agreements affect this and for EU customers there are no duties as tarrifs are set at zero. The declared value in GDP will be converted to your countries currency by the monthly rate published by your tax authority.
Customs clearance fees -these vary from country to country and also vary by declared value in some juristictions.
VAT or sales taxes and applied to the total of the declared value of goods, customs clearance charges and import duties.
This shop declares the total paid for the goods for customs value, no exceptions. We will not declare low values as thats fraud and we will not be party to it.