This wheelset is based around the light weight Zenith double sided fixed or Fixed/free hubs. One spoke count 24F/28R is offered although higher can be done too. If 32F/32R is wanted just say at checkout.
The freewheel pictured is not included in the sale.
- Front and rear wheelset
- Sapim spokes
- Tubeless ready but tubed tyre compatible rim.
- Single sided fixed, double sided fixed or fixed free rear hub.
- Classic large flange design
- Life of the rim warranty.
- Mass 1840g
The rim is 450g 24mm wide 22mm deep and supplied tubeless read. This is the perfect rim for this wheelset. Tyre fitting is fairly easy for tubed tyres and tubeless tyres are securley retained which means no reseating at the side of the road in case of a flat.
The wheelset is a stiff and reliable for all weather use including track racing.
Tubeless ready means stans rim tape, BORG 44mm tubeless valves and IRC tyre levers (i.e you are thinking about fitting tubeless tyres). Normal clinchers and tubes can be used as well.
Spokes used are sapim race front and rear with alloy nipples. A spoke prep is used to allow the wheels to be trued at a later date not that should ever be needed. The alloy nipples dont fail as I build them properly. Corrosion is not an issue.
The wheels are laced radial front and 2x rear. The pictures are of a lower spoke count set but these will be updated.
Silver means, silver rims, hubs, nipples and spokes. Black means, black hubs, nipples, spokes and black rims.
The single sided hubs use a asymmetric rim and the double sided hub use a symmetric rim. That way even tension balance is preserved.
Zenith track have large flanges and use big reliable cartridge bearings and hollow steel axles.
Wheelset weight is 1840g
Lower spoke counts are possible for a lighter wheel. There are no reliability issues with a lower spoke count.
The Cycle Clinic is a stockist/importer of IRC tubeless and clincher (tubed) tyres. You can opt for any IRC tyres to be fitted to your wheels. Other brands are stocked too including
Continental GP5000TL 25mm, 28mm or 32mm
IRC Aspite Pro Dry clincher 24mm or 26mm (for use with tinner tubes)
IRC Roadlite X guard 25 mm tyres (for use with tubes).
IRC Jetty 23mm, 25mm or 28mm (for use with inner tubes)
Things to buy if your using tubeless tyres.
If you buy any tyre (with tubes if applicable) I will fit them for you to your wheels.
COVID 19 update. Overseas shipping is now with a courier only. UPS or Parcel force.
Orders placed in the afternoon normally get sent the next workday where possible. Orders placed before noon are often sent the same day but this is not guaranteed. Priority is given to Royal Mail Special delivery items always.
Same day disptach is not guaranteed due to volume of mail order. In general we are not operating with big delays in dispatch if any.
- Standard shipping is with Royal Mail using there 24 service. Cost £3. This is not a guaranteed service and takes 1-7 days normally but can be longer. The tracking number is not tracking but is a conformation of delivery code. If the item has been delivered to you or a neighbour then the tracking shows something otherwise it won't. If the item is needed urgently then pay for the courier/special delivery.
- For a £7 surcharge, a next day (not sunday) tracked service (from dispatch) with Royal mail special delivery is used. You get an hour delivery slot by text. It's a fine service and worth the money. This only works for items up to 2kg. beyond that it gets very expensive and Parcel Force 24 tracked is used.
- Rims are sent by courier only- cost £10. UPS is used. A phone number and email address must be supplied to allow me to book in. This service can also be picked for smaller items that you want delivered by UPS.
- Wheels shipping cost is £15 (cost of courier + cost of the box) next day. To NI, Scottish Islands, Channel Islands, Isle of Man and that is a two day service.
Due to the disruption in postal services during 2020, misdeliveries, customs issues and long delays all overseas shipping is now with UPS or Parcel Force. Parcel mass and destination affect price. So the following applies. I do not offer cheaper slower mail services anymore. Please don't ask as it means you have not read this page. There is no circumstance where i will use a cheaper service.
The website will provide shipping rates and estimated delivery's times for the services offered at checkout.
The import charges you will face are and these will be levied by the shipping carrier or by your customs authority in advance of delivery. Customs clearance will add to shipping times. Carrier like UPS operate there own customs in line with the deliveries countries laws in most jurisdictions and will bill you directly.
You will be billed for
Import duties which are set by the tarrif code i declare. Most cycling goods have a tarrif rate of 4.7%. Clothing however has higher duty rates, socks face a WTO tarrif rate of 12%. Free trade agreements affect this and for EU customers there are no duties as tarrifs are set at zero. The declared value in GDP will be converted to your countries currency by the monthly rate published by your tax authority.
Customs clearance fees -these vary from country to country and also vary by declared value in some juristictions.
VAT or sales taxes and applied to the total of the declared value of goods, customs clearance charges and import duties.
This shop declares the total paid for the goods for customs value, no exceptions. We will not declare low values as thats fraud and we will not be party to it.