The Pacenti Forza disc brake wheelset is wide, stiff set of hopps for road, CX or gravel use. The rim is 25mm wide and 20mm internal width. Depth is 25mm and the wheels are supplied tubeless ready.
- A robust all weather wheelset.
- Reliable cartridge bearing hubs.
- Centrelock rotor mounts (BORG DX hubs) or 6 bolt (Carbon Ti hubs)
- 25mm deep, 25mm wide
- Wide tubeless tyre ready rims.
- Stiff yet comfortable.
- Sapim triple butted spokes.
- Shimano, XD driver or Campagnolo freehub.
- 16000km warranty.
- Weight 1535g or 1625g
- Centrelock disc brake mounts.6 bolt adapter available here.
- Lockring for 15mm axled hubs must be used. Centrelock rotor lockring available here.
Like many of my disc brake wheels these in 28 spoke form laced 3x. The spoke used are Sapim Force (triple butted). Sapim alloy self locking black nipples are used.
Hubs on offer are either BORG DX or Carbon Ti. Other hubs can be used but between these two hubs you have most bases covered.
The BORG DX hubs:
Q/R, 100x12/15mm and 142x12mm compatible in any combination. By telling at notes in checkout.
6 bolt adapters made by Miche are available. The rear hub is supplied with a Shimano external spline lockring. Freehub bodies for Shimano 8/9/10/11 speed MTB or road, Campagnolo 9/10/11/12 speed, and SRAM XD driver are available and are interchangeable with nothing more than possible bearing preload adjustment.
The freehub has a titanium core/pawl seat springs with an aluminum alloy main body. The freehub has 3 spring loaded pawls and a 30T ratchet ring. It is advisable to re-grease the freehub mechanism with good grease like Rock n Roll Super Slick or Super Web to keep the hub quiet and to stop water ingress weakening the spring.
Why BORG DX hubs? Well, I have had Miche make these in 24H, 28H, and 32H drillings. They are a large flange design because large flange hub reduces the braking loads on the spokes compared to small flange designs. The bearings are not the normal ISO grade 0 or ABEC-5 (enduro) that you find in many hubs even high-end ones. SKF supply the bearings for the BORG DX hub but these bearings have much tighter tolerances on the outer and inner diameters, the seals, the balls are to a much higher standard, even the grease is a special formulation. All this is designed to increase bearing longevity particular in wet weather operation. To get the longest life, pressure washing the hubs should be avoided and the cassette should be cleaned removed from the hub. The front hub has 2x 6803 bearings and the rear hub has 1x 6803 non-drive side and 2x 6803 drive side. The freehub body has 2x 6803 bearing. The same high-grade bearings are used throughout the hub. All spares down to the ratchet ring are available. Simply I have had these hubs made without compromise.
It is advisable if using Shimano made cassettes to tighten the lockrings up really right. RTF is what I call it. 40 to 50 Nm is required. For a Miche cassette for Shimano 40Nm is sufficient as these notch less easily. If you don't own a good torque wrench get a mechanic to fit the cassette for you. The freehubs are expensive, no need to ruin prematurely.
Carbon Ti hubs are also offered in 24H, 28H or 32H pairs. 28H is listed.
- 6 bolt rotor fitting
- Black, red, gold, green, silver, polished silver, blue. Black hubs will be assumed unless you tell me. silver spokes can be used as well. Just specify.
- Bearing preload adjusters front and rear
- 17mm alloy axles
- 4 pawl freehub
- Campagnolo, shimano and XD driver compatible
- Available with 100/135mm quick release, 100x12mm, 100x15mm or 142x12mm again you can pick between Q/R and thru axle by telling at notes in checkout.
- very light (303g/pair) but reliable hubs.
You can opt for IRC tubeless tyres as well let me know the width or i will assume 25mm. The usual guarantee for 5 years or 10,000 miles against any defect resulting in failure.
Thewheels are made tubeless ready with VAR tubeless tape and valves.
Weight of the build with BORG DX hubs is 1740g
Weight of the build with Carbon Ti hubs is 1620g