The BORG31 Disc is a disc brake only wheelset for whatever and where ever you want to go. Road riding, CX/Gravel use or touring. It is built for high miles with minimal servicing. The wheels are aerodynamic, robust and very stiff. Yes they are not the lightest but neither fo they feel heavy. Don't worry about the weight limit, it is deliberately conservative ( a higher spoke count is actually not needed).
- A robust all weather wheelset.
- Reliable cartridge bearing hubs.
- Centrelock rotor mounts
- 31mm deep.
- 24mm wide tubeless tyre ready rims.
- Stiff yet comfortable.
- Triple butted Sapim aero spokes.
- Shimano 8/9/10/11speed, XDR 12 speed driver, Campagnolo 9/10/11/12 speed freehub or Campagnolo N3W 13 speed freehub.
- 16000km warranty.
- Weight 1720g
- Hand built in the shop.
- Centrelock disc brake mounts (6 bolt adapter available here)
- Lockring for 15mm axled hubs must be used. Centrelock rotor lockring available here.
Please state at checkout if 100*12/142*12mm for Cannondale offset bikes is required.
24mm wide 31mm deep and tubeless ready but tubed tyre compatible.
The rim used is the Kinlin XR31 RTS OCR (now you know why I rename them). The rim is an offset design and this improves tension balance and therefore extends spoke life. It is 500g in weight and very stiff. The only drilling I use is 24H because that is all anyone needs within the weight limit.
The wheel is built for long life rather than low weight.
The spokes used are Sapim CX Force. These are aero spokes but they are thicker in the blade section than the CX-Ray and they have a 2.2mm diameter at the elbow. Black Sapim self-locking alloy nipples are used and Sapim nipple freeze acts as a thread locker and corrosion inhibitor.
The hubs used are BORG Wheels with centrelock rotor mounts.
6 bolt adapters made by Miche are available.
Freehub bodies for
- Shimano 8/9/10/11speed
- XDR 12 speed driver
- Campagnolo 9/10/11/12 speed freehub
- Campagnolo N3W 13 speed freehub.
are available and are interchangeable.
The freehub has 4 independently spring loaded pawls and a 36T ratchet ring. It is advisable to re-grease the freehub mechanism with good grease like Rock n Roll Super Web to keep the hub quiet and to stop water ingress weakening the spring.
They are a large flange design because large flange hub reduces the braking loads on the spokes compared to small flange designs. The front hub has 2x NTN 6902 LLB bearings and the rear hub has 2x NTN 6902 LLB. The freehub body has 1x NTN 6902 LLB and 1x NTN 6802 LLB for shimano and 1x 2x 6803 bearing for Campagnolo, XDR and N3W freehubs . All spares are available.
Simply one wheelset that will not be outdated with the changing standards we have now.
- BORG DX hubset 1720g
The Cycle Clinic is a stockist/importer of IRC tubeless and clincher (tubed) tyres. You can opt for any IRC tyres to be fitted to your wheels. Other brands are stocked too, and if you buy tyres of this shop I will fit them and set them up with Maxalami Sealant. Please note if you buy tubed tyres buy tubes also. Below are links to the tubeless tyres and IRC tubed tyres stocked.
Continental GP5000TL 25mm, 28mm or 32mm
IRC Aspite RBCC clincher 24mm or 26mm (for use with inner tubes)
IRC Roadlite X guard 25 mm tyres (for use with tubes).
IRC Jetty 23mm, 25mm or 28mm (for use with inner tubes)
Veloflex Corsa EVO TLR Orange seal will be used for cotton casing tubeless tyres
Veloflex Corsa Race TLR Orange seal will be used for cotton casing tubeless tyres
If you buy any tyre (with tubes if applicable) I will fit them for you to your wheels.
What you get
- Wheelset front and rear for centrelock rotors 24F/24R Sapim CX-force aero spokes
- Choice of Campagnolo 9/10/11/12speed, Shimano 10/11 speed or SRAM XD driver freehubs.
- Tubeless rim tape
- Black alloy tubeless valves
- Q/R, 100x12/15, 142x12mm axles in any combination.
- 5 year/10000mile warranty.
See my notes on how to avoid freehub body notching
So this is a wheelset that will fit into whatever frame you want to slot it into.
Things to buy if your using tubeless tyres.
COVID 19 update. Overseas shipping is now with a courier only. UPS or Parcel force.
Orders placed in the afternoon normally get sent the next workday where possible. Orders placed before noon are often sent the same day but this is not guaranteed. Priority is given to Royal Mail Special delivery items always.
Same day disptach is not guaranteed due to volume of mail order. In general we are not operating with big delays in dispatch if any.
- Standard shipping is with Royal Mail using there 24 service. Cost £3. This is not a guaranteed service and takes 1-7 days normally but can be longer. The tracking number is not tracking but is a conformation of delivery code. If the item has been delivered to you or a neighbour then the tracking shows something otherwise it won't. If the item is needed urgently then pay for the courier/special delivery. in the case of the items recorded as delivered but you claim non delivery or delivery attempted but parcel never available for collection no refund or replacement goods are possible. R24 is not a tracked or insured service. We are only liable if delivery never happens. We wait 30 days before declaring am item lost. If this is not acceptable to you then pay for Special Delivery which is tracked and insured. We are not longer taking the hit for lost items because you want to spend less on postage.
- For a £7 surcharge, a next day (not sunday) tracked service (from dispatch) with Royal mail special delivery is used. You get an hour delivery slot by text. It's a fine service and worth the money. This only works for items up to 2kg. beyond that it gets very expensive and Parcel Force 24 tracked is used. This is fully insured service so in the event of non delivery a claim is possible.
- Rims are sent by courier only- cost £10. UPS is used. A phone number and email address must be supplied to allow me to book in. This service can also be picked for smaller items that you want delivered by UPS.
- Wheels shipping cost is £15 (cost of courier + cost of the box) next day. To NI, Scottish Islands, Channel Islands, Isle of Man and that is a two day service.
Due to the disruption in postal services during 2020, misdeliveries, customs issues and long delays all overseas shipping is now with Royal Mail Internation al Tracked and Signed (europe only) and UPS or Parcel Force tracked services. Parcel mass and destination affect price. So the following applies. I do not offer cheaper slower mail services anymore. Please don't ask as it means you have not read this page. There is no circumstance where i will use a cheaper service.
The website will provide shipping rates at checkout.
The import charges you will face are and these will be levied by the shipping carrier or by your customs authority in advance of delivery. Customs clearance will add to shipping times.
You will be billed for
Import duties which are set by the tarrif code we declare. Tarrif rates are normally published on government websites. "Free trade agreements" affect this and for EU customers there are no duties as tarrifs are set at zero for goods like our wheels that originate in the U.K. Goods that originate in the E.U and are exported back yo the E.U attract tarriffs. Good made outside the e.u and sold into the E.U attract tarrifs. The declared value in GDP will be converted to your countries currency by the monthly rate published by your tax authority.
Customs clearance fees -these vary from country to country and also vary by declared value in some juristictions.
VAT or sales taxes and applied to the total of the declared value of goods, customs clearance charges and import duties.
This shop declares the total paid for the goods for customs value, no exceptions. We will not declare low values as thats fraud and we will not be party to it.